Some questions on the SXR

I don't know if this is the place to be putting this but here it goes. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to just buy an SXR hull with the handle pole and hood then buy an engine. Also, some questions about the hull is that what is the performance that you will get out of a stock SXR hull without tubbies(which I have heard make a great difference for this ski) and will this be a good step up from me( which I am riding a JS300 converted to a 650). I've been on here and other forums and I've seen few whole SXR's going for 3500-4000 so just wanted to know! Thanks!

I wouldn't think it would be much cheaper to buy a hull seperate from a motor, even if you got a good deal on both there's still a lot of misalaineus parts you might need and buying them seperate might put you over budget. As far a hull mods it depends on your riding style, a stock ski handles amazing and I know of no areas that NEED improvement, however, ride plates, intake grates, front and rear sponsons can all make it even better. Depends on your budget but if your stepping up from a 300 to an sxr you might as well ride it bone stock for awhile, giving you some time to get used to the ski and make sure it's really what you want, before you dump more money into it. Stock sxrs have plenty of power and great handling for normal rec riding

Thanks! I've heard the JS300/550 is a great starter ski! If i wanted a little more traction on the water then what would my best option be back or front sponsons? What about a good ride plate for steady flat water riding, may want to get into racing this year!

Top Bottom