SOS PLEASE HELP

im at the end of my rope with this ski. after many seasons of hard riding and abuse i decided to give it some love. it had a full 62t motor with 38 mikunis 72.5 low, 2.3 needle & seats (not sure how it ran like that but it ran great) 135 high. b pipe, head, and stock electronics. the ski ran fine and made decent power but i wanted it to really rip so i got a jetmaniac ported 61x 718 top end kit and girdled head with 35cc domes. i re jetted high to 137.5 and low to 75 and broke in the motor as directions said to. after the motor was broke in i started to give it a few full throttle hits and it sounded choked out and it just wouldn't reach out like it should. i then installed new metering diaphragms and 1.5 needle & seats with stock spring with bottom coil clipped which ended up with pop off being 45 psi right where i wanted it. the ski still seemed choked up. then i went back to 135 highs, high screw 1 turn out, low 1.5 out. still not right. i clipped back plug wires, disconnected stop switch, made sure return line wasn't clogged. iv spent $1200 and have a ski that runs worse than it did before. it just doesn't make sense. at this point i have much smaller needle & seats than i did when it ran fine and the same jetting except for the low jet is 2.5 bigger (but that shouldn't effect this) yet it still seems to have too much fuel. it wont even hit the rev limiter when out of water. comp is 185psi how it should be. im questioning everything at this point and wondering if it may be electrical but it was fine before and nothings changed. ill post a vid of it running asap. ask away! sorry for any illiteracy i wrote this very aggravated. Chas

im going to follow your progress. i am having, i believe, a very similar issue with one my squares. but mine will run great at times, but mostly just run like its drowning in fuel. i was thinking coil or cdi. i really dont even understand stators or what they do or really any part of the engine for that matter.

im just going to follow this thread :)

Mike W

Infidel
im going to follow your progress. i am having, i believe, a very similar issue with one my squares. but mine will run great at times, but mostly just run like its drowning in fuel. i was thinking coil or cdi. i really dont even understand stators or what they do or really any part of the engine for that matter.

im just going to follow this thread :)

Same here. After countless trips to tune my ski I finally got it to run perfectly this weekend. I let it sit for an hour then went for another ride than it started to run like poop again. I feel your pain.

The op mentioned that he replaced the cylinder and installed an o ring head. That's when things didn't work so good anymore. Are the base gasket and the dome o rings good? I agree that the electrics should not go "bad" from that procedure.

Top Bottom