Blaster spark plug boot not staying on spark plug

having trouble keeping spark plugs from burning out. while riding the spark plug boot seems to come off of the spark plug and of course the blaster dies... when i took the plug off i noticed there was a rubber fitting on top of the plug. im assuming it was used to create a tighter fit. I lost that piece and now it wont fit snug. any suggestions to fix this problem??

-Thanks!

i was just having this same problem a few days ago and i just got some new plug caps and voila the problem is gone and i have my 2 stroke guru tuneing the ski over the next few days its interesting to watch him do the pier tune. I never believed him untill i saw it. But yea new plug caps from ngk did the trick for mine

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
i was just having this same problem a few days ago and i just got some new plug caps and voila the problem is gone and i have my 2 stroke guru tuneing the ski over the next few days its interesting to watch him do the pier tune. I never believed him untill i saw it. But yea new plug caps from ngk did the trick for mine

i used to have this problem with the boots coming off all the time, at least once a ride. i got the msd boots, with the retainers. never looked back! lol. they work great.

on another note, what is "the pier tune"?

Stick the nose of it up against one of the post holding the pier up with the hood open, fire it up, and run through the rpms and tune the carb at varying rpms. It seems to work too cause i have never seen a set of plugs come out that evenly tan. Took about 5 mins to get the low end bog and mid bog out of the blaster. Yea its kinda funny when you got some one ofer there with a ski nosed up to a pier post and the throttle gapped wide open. He says when it tries to push the pier over richen it up slightly and go ride it and see how it runs

Top Bottom