Super Jet sparkplugs and jetting

How often should the plugs in a sj be fouling? because iv been fouling two to three sets everytime i go out. And i have a pretty good feeling that might be caused by water getting into flame arrestors then cylinder which i think could foul a plug? or do i definately need to rejet or at least make some adjustments? thx guys

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
If things are working right, I've gotten thru an entire season on one set of plugs. I don't think jetting is the answer.

What do you see on the plugs when you take them out? Milk? mayonase? black oil? White?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I change my plugs every 30 or so gallons. Tiny amounts of lead can build up. It's what, 5 bucks?
That said, they don't foul.

usually when i take them out its like a black oil with watery looking droplets...the black oil means its running too rich and white means its running too lean right? you want like a tannish color dont you?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
You shouldn't have water on there. You may have a leaking head gasket or o-rings, depending on your head.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I'm no expert, but water on the plugs indicates a leak around the domes. If it were my motor, I would pull the head off and take a good look at the o-rings and dome mating surfaces.

Speaking of which I fouled a plug on saturday I let it load up as I was circling around my friend who was on my ultra with the nose in the air and the exhaust loaded up underwater for a good 30 seconds or so and I fell over like a loser while going 1mph and flooded it. I think mine is jetted too rich tho bc they were definitely oil fouled..

Top Bottom