Super Jet Square nose super jet

FINALLY!!! got the new 701 engine into the SN and it starts up and sounds good now.. when we first put it in and tried to start it up it was reving way too high. we thought it had something to do with the carb settings and were about to swap the carb out for another 46mm and when we took the one that was already bolted on, we found two washers sitting on the intake gasket. stupd me, probably forgot them there when we bolted down the carb.
so after we got the carberator issue resolved, we heard a 'rattling' nose comming from somewhere in the hull. after a while of looking around trying to see what was causing the noice, we thought it could be the bendix not disengaging. we took the flywheel cover off and sure enough, it was. we switched the flywheel cover with another one that we had lying around and there goes the annoying rattling sound.
now it sounds great and its all bolted together and ready to go in the water, sort of...

View attachment 176620

nevermind.. its not fixed. went to start it today and heard the noise again. we thought that it was the bendix because it sounds like its grinding against the flywheel. when we took the fllywheel cover off it looked like the bendix was grinding against the flywheel but it wasnt bad enough to be grinding against the flywheel as much as we heard it.
IMG-20120313-00466.jpg

what else could it be? we thought maybe the pipe because it is rubbing against the hull and about an inch away from the motor.. but we put a piece of hydro turf in between the pipe and the motor so that it can't hit the motor, but we still heard that noise.

yep...it is spinning after all...check for the impeller rubbing on wear ring and bearings in the pump and midshaft assembly, even check your clearence on the intake grate to make sure it is not rubbing driveshaft. Other sources of noise could be b pipe rubbing on bedplate.

im going to go back over there tomorrow and check that. i doubt its the pump, we started it up before we put this new set up into the hull and there was no noise like this. the noise is comming from inside of the hull too, i think that it has something to do with the pump rubbing up against something. its such a tight fit for something that has been designed for this motor and hull..

superjet.jpg

Man im always asking the same questions how to build up my swuare. i assume your still younger like me, 17. I started to save and sell parts and go through squares and until I finally got enough money to buy a sick built square that has been widened tray, reenforced carbon fiber, bored 701 1.75 over, footholds, toe-hold, backflip trim, refoamed, cut cases, high comp head (210 PSI, but will be changing domes to 190 psi to run pump gas) short pole, nose kit, ported, tubbies and some other things. It was built for racing and freeride then built for flatwater.

Top Bottom