Squarenose hood

I have a 1990 Superjet, and whenever I put the front end under water, the whole engine bay fills with water. When I sub it or do a fire hydrant, it fills with water and then fills up the whole engine... The hood has three holes on each side of the handlepole. Can I plug these? Or is there a cover that goes over the front/ fill cap all the way to the front of the hood? What is the best way to go about this?
Thanks,

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
couple of things. first anything like this that is obviously going to be a very common problem, has already been addressed like a million times. use the search feature ^. its very handy. also check the tech faq section, it has TONS of useful links for common questions. heres the link from there about exactly what you should do to your SN hood. most of us that still ride the squares have done this to our own boats. its a common mod.
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/1421

The Penguin

triple secret probation
couple of things. first anything like this that is obviously going to be a very common problem, has already been addressed like a million times. use the search feature ^. its very handy. also check the tech faq section, it has TONS of useful links for common questions. heres the link from there about exactly what you should do to your SN hood. most of us that still ride the squares have done this to our own boats. its a common mod.
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/1421
did ya happen to notice it's his first post?

cut the guy some slack. :biggrin:

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Duct Tape

I have a 1990 Superjet, and whenever I put the front end under water, the whole engine bay fills with water. When I sub it or do a fire hydrant, it fills with water and then fills up the whole engine... The hood has three holes on each side of the handlepole. Can I plug these? Or is there a cover that goes over the front/ fill cap all the way to the front of the hood? What is the best way to go about this?
Thanks,

Zbomb, welcome to the boards. I've got a '90 square myself and have had the same problem. I put duct tape over 2 of the three holes on each side, and that helps somewhat, but eventually I will probably do the famous "Slutty Mod" that dreamer linked for you. Two other good stop gap measures are a good hood seal and an electric bilge pump if you don't have one.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
did ya happen to notice it's his first post?

cut the guy some slack. :biggrin:

lol yep i noticed. thats why i wasnt a smart a$$ about it. i really was completely serious and just trying to help out and show the ropes/simple way of looking for common info before someone DOES flame him. :)
just trying to help. no offense meant.
figured he might be unaware of the search feature or what kind of stuff was in the tech faq so i was just pointing both out.

and welcome to the x. always good to have new riders in the mix.
:smile:

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
Thanks for the help, I am just starting out on here and really don't know all that the site has to offer. Please put up with me while I learn...

Absolutely! like i said, no offense meant. i was just trying to help you learn by pointing you in the right direction. sorry if it came across a little harsh, not how i meant it at all. :)

Top Bottom