Stab into 5ft of h2o=broken stuff

WAB

salty nuts
Dang.
So does this coupler have reverse threads or what? It kicked my butt last night trying to get it off. Have to take it to a friends to help hold it down while trying to turn it to get it off.

butti

lone wolf
Dang.
So does this coupler have reverse threads or what? It kicked my butt last night trying to get it off. Have to take it to a friends to help hold it down while trying to turn it to get it off.

yes,reverse threads:biggthumpup:and those mounts were gone before the great stab of death

whats the nose look like?:haha:

WAB

salty nuts
Coupler has been on the motor since the birth of the 1994 WaveRaider it came out of.
I can't believe the hull is not damaged or leaking. The bondrail was already smashed off from the last bottom drilling incident so there was nothing to 'give' this time but the guts. Hull looks the same. Battery box cracked also. :rolleyes: I'm a slow learner.
Worst part is this happened off the very first decent wave I saw in the first 2 minutes of getting out to the break. :banghead: Heard we had good waves that day. I only saw 1. :frown:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Are you sure the coupler is reverse threads? I thought I remembered only the impeller being reverse threaded.
I've taken off couplers before. Was I not paying attention? :dunno:

butti

lone wolf
Are you sure the coupler is reverse threads? I thought I remembered only the impeller being reverse threaded.
I've taken off couplers before. Was I not paying attention? :dunno:

wait,i think your right,now im confused:dunno:

W

wydopen

is NOT reverse threads..i just took one off on saturday..coil some rope in the front cyl and so the piston wont top out and use a big breaker bar and put it between the coupler...

WAB

salty nuts
is NOT reverse threads..i just took one off on saturday..coil some rope in the front cyl and so the piston wont top out and use a big breaker bar and put it between the coupler...

I did that last night....used a 4ft bar & compressed the rope and the crank turned. :bigeyes: I stopped because I don't want to crack the head's dome or damage the pistons's needle bearings with that much force.
Will try a chain wrench to hold the flywheel at friends house and use little more heat on the coupler.

WAB

salty nuts
that's why you should just never do nose stabs again.

get inverted instead! :smile:

I know. :banghead: I was going for a roll and did not commit at the top of the wave. I seem to forget to do the left preturn and roll to right. Need to throw my weight staight to the side insted of forward & side.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I know. :banghead: I was going for a roll and did not commit at the top of the wave. I seem to forget to do the left preturn and roll to right. Need to throw my weight staight to the side insted of forward & side.

That is my problem every time I get up to the wave. Need to break myself of it. So hard though.

WAB

salty nuts
I stab & roll to the right and I'm right handed.
I can turn motorcycles & skis better to the left though. Guess I need to watch more yamasaki vids & try harder. :biggthumpup:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I can turn motorcycles & skis better to the left though. Guess I need to watch more yamasaki vids & try harder. :biggthumpup:

LOL, yeah, thats crazy. I cant even imagine trying to roll or stab to right. :barrel:

Y

yamaslut

I'm gonna try it to the right this weekend....:barrel:

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
intermediate shaft coupler is reverse
Nope, just got done doing three of these recently. Both couplers are regular thread and tighten each other under load as the motor turns. The load on the prop is effectively reverse and so are the threads. I'm pretty sure anyways....

Haha good luck swinging both ways this weekend :crutches:

Y

yamaslut

Nope, just got done doing three of these recently. Both couplers are regular thread and tighten each other under load as the motor turns. The load on the prop is effectively reverse and so are the threads. I'm pretty sure anyways....

Haha good luck swinging both ways this weekend :crutches:

I'll land it first time... :bigeyes:

I hope

Top Bottom