Starter interchangeability

Years ago a friend at a polaris dealer told me about honda starter parts being the same as kawi and polaris'so i picked up a brush plate and set of positive brushes. I just recently needed to replace the pos brushes in my blaster starter and used the honda replacement part .perfect fit

Here are the#'s off the packages

Brush plate with neg brushes 31206-MM5-008
positive brush set 31201-KG7-000

Does anyone have #'s for the front seal and bearing and quad rings

Could we get a moderator to save this info somewhere

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Years ago a friend at a polaris dealer told me about honda starter parts being the same as kawi and polaris'so i picked up a brush plate and set of positive brushes. I just recently needed to replace the pos brushes in my blaster starter and used the honda replacement part .perfect fit

Here are the#'s off the packages

Brush plate with neg brushes 31206-MM5-008
positive brush set 31201-KG7-000

Does anyone have #'s for the front seal and bearing and quad rings

Could we get a moderator to save this info somewhere
Start a new post with all the info, also do a "How To" description also, then we can sticky it and put it in the tech faq section.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
You're making me feel guilty, I bought a starter from you earlier this year for my 07 build and it's still going strong. Here's a lesson to never sell your backups!

I had my backup MSD Enhancer in my hands this weekend but I just couldn't put it up for sale.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Just one starter.
And I thought it was a rebuilt starter, not new.
I might be wrong.

I've never seen a starter failure like that - the rotor flew apart, busted out the rear cap and spewed innards everwhere.
I am guessing it had a mechanical flaw that came to a violent conclusion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom