FX-1 starting issue

When i go to start i get nothing, no clicking just nodda. all the cables are connected in the proper spots, and fuse is good. jumped the solenoid and it cranks. My question is how do i know if the problem is the solenoid or the start stop switch? i Disconnected one of the two start stop wires and got nothing. any help or a point in the right direction would be great.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
start stop switch if you reverse the wire so the stop button is the start it should work but if it starts u wont be ablemto shut it off easily

Do you own a multimeter? you can disconnect the start switch's connector, near where your fuel filter is. do a continuity test on the part going to your switch, push the button and see if you get continuity (the switch closes). if that's ok, then jump the connector going to the selenoid and see if that turns it over. if that doesn't work. try jumping the selenoid on the switch poles. that should point to where the fault is.

Last edited:
Dont have a multi meter. I switch out the coil which wasnt the problem. then i had the wire with the fuse somehow switched so i switched it back and it started right up so it ran just fine. then i took it to the lake a few days later and it wouldnt start. got it home frustrated as hell. pulled plugs to make sure there was spark. When i did this they spark only once. even when i continue to hold the start button. I let go push it again and still only once. it should continue to spark and have never ran into anything like this, any ideas would be awesome.

Dont have a multi meter. I switch out the coil which wasnt the problem. then i had the wire with the fuse somehow switched so i switched it back and it started right up so it ran just fine. then i took it to the lake a few days later and it wouldnt start. got it home frustrated as hell. pulled plugs to make sure there was spark. When i did this they spark only once. even when i continue to hold the start button. I let go push it again and still only once. it should continue to spark and have never ran into anything like this, any ideas would be awesome.

think i figured it out. checked the spark with the start stop switch disconnected (black and white plug) and it had all kinds of spark. and fired right up.

Top Bottom