Super Jet Steering cable

I have a 1990 superjet and Im trying to adjust the steering so that the nozzle is straight. I already pulled it out at both ends of the cable and is only hanging on by 2 full threads on each end and is still a little crooked. Do I have the wrong cable? Is there any other way to adjust it? Thank you

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
do you have it in right? one side is longer than the other. both sides look the same at first but one side of the cable end is shorter than the other. try flipping the cable and see what happens

thanks @modularjunk yea I checked and a buddy looked it over as well. just seems like if I had another 1/4in of threads on both ends, that will allow me to adjust it so the nozzle is straight and has enough thread engagement...right now its only at 2 full turns on each end. any suggestions?.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Flip the cable over. Hard to recall off hand... long end to the pump?

Edit: measure the difference from the end of the clip to the end of the part that doesnt slide. If they are different, you have the cable in backward. I think the last cable i did was a b1 and the pump and turn plate ends are not equal.

Sorry @modularjunk I think you guys are right after checking it again. @Vumad the one up by the pole/steering is 3/4in longer than one going to the nozzle....sound like the problem? If so just flip and im good? Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom