SX/SXi/SXi Pro stock 750SXIPro throttle response

I just bought a completely stock SXIPro. It runs great except that I notice when you grab a hand full of throttle, the throttle response from idle to wild open is not snappy. sometimes even bogs a little then kicks in, almost seems like it's running lean on the low. My question is.. are they adjusted lean from the factory? I seem to remember on some post way way back that the stock SXIPro carbs are a little lean on the low to keep the emission down. an what is the stock jettings and pop-offs. Thinking of going next size up on the low jets. any response is appreciated.

Thanks,

Check your spark plugs to make sure their not fouling out. I would also check your compression to make sure the compression is good. High compression gives you more torque out of the hole. Your carburator might need to be adjusted too, sounds like it might be running rich and your putting too much gas to the motor. You might either have bad gas or your mixing too much oil in with your gas. I mix mine 40:1 (92 750 SX). When I first bought my used ski 2 yrs ago, I brought it home and put it on the water to ride it. The motor sounded great on a stand but the ski had very little power while in the water. After a compression check I knew the motor was blown, I had 145 psi in one cylinder and 90 psi in the other. After tearing into the motor, I found that one ring had broken and destroyed one of my sleeves. I hope this helps.

Magyar68

Really!!!
Stock jetting is 67.5 Low jet and 147.5 High i think Both are around 1 turn out. (Provided they are the Stock Mikuni Carbs) Some either go to 150 High, or 75 Lows as an upgrade. Did not do anything for mine. If you can get one the Factory Dry Pipe is much better for a Pro ran both the Limited and the DRY, the Dry pipe wins hans down.

Top Bottom