Super Jet Stock choke or primer?

Right now on my 2010 superjet I am running the original choke but after some look on blowsion.com. I saw the fuel primer that replaces it. Anybody have this on there ski? How do you like it? What is better the primer or choke?

You remove the old choke (it gives you all of the instructions) and you put the primer in. It works by extracting fuel from one of the fuel lines to the carbs and injects it directly into the carbs.

x2 imo get the push bulb type, broke the handle off of my pull type primer.

x2 I snapped that thing off and didn't even realize it occurred until I looked down and it was missing. Normally, I would suggest just run neither but since you live up north, cold starting is harder. Primer will cease that completely. Couple pumps and it fires right up.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
How does it work and how do you install it?

In the carb, the throttle plate is below the fuel and the choke plate is above the fuel. The motor turns over and pulls air through the carb which in turn pulls in fuel. Dry fuel lines do not give any fuel, so it takes a long time to pull fuel through the lines and into the carb. The choke plate blocks off the air so the fuel lines receive increased suction from the motor and thus fuel is pulled through the lines faster. It's a solution to dry fuel lines, but not a very good one.

With a primer, a hand operated pump squirts fuel into the carb. The ski starts right up. It's that simple.

Primer is better. Choke sucks.

Edit: To install... Buy a kit...

For a single carb, you simply remove the choke plate and rod, add the supplied fitting to the place where the choke rod was. Cut the reserve line, put the supplied T fitting to reconnect the reserve line. Connect the supplied primer hose to the T-fitting, then connect it to the primer pump. Run the second hose from the pump to the carb.

For a dual Carb, there's an addition T-fitting that goes after the pump but before the carb, connect the second line to that second T-fitting. Then, after putting both fittings on both carbs, connect lines to both sides of the second T-fitting and connect one of each of those 2 lines to each of the 2 carb fittings.

Warning: If you try to remove the choke plates while the carbs are on the ski, be careful not to drop the screws down the carb. That would suck. The reeds should catch them as long as you do not try to turn over the motor with them in there.

Last edited:
Best bet is to pull the carbs. Sometimes the fittings may simply be just a tad bit larger or smaller than the fitting from where the choke rod came from and you may have to drill the hole (stated in the instructions). Oh and the screws are hammered on one side (forgot the technical term) and also may need to be drilled out.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
before you pull those choke plates read the advice from an engine builder with over 30 yrs experience...

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/30989-...g-water-routing-ect.&p=434676&highlight=choke

Except he doesn't say where to tap them for the primer. I thought the primer went in the spot where the choke rod went through. If you leave the rod, where do you put the fitting? I myself have no objections to leaving the choke plates in, but I do have an objection to not having a primer. No primer sucks. Tho, I did find a shot of WD40 or fuel in the plug holes will start a dry ski right up, but that way is kind of dumb when you can just pump a primer.

Is it recommended to put the tee for the primer in the return line? If so where it the line should the tee go to make sure there will be gas in the line to pull through and into the carb?

Top Bottom