Freestyle Stock hull flat water flip?

Hi guys. I am fairly new to the stand up world. Just recently got a new 2010 superjet. My question was, can a stock hull be back flipped off a flat water wake? Lets say if the ski had a d-cut ride plate, intake grate, footholds, and all the other bolt on stuff with a ported 701 equipped with an ADA head, b-pipe, and carbon reeds. I realize i probably wont be doing backflips for a few years but I want to know what i need in order to get there. If the ski cant be back flipped, can it be barrel rolled? Could it be backflipped with a shortened hull? I would appreciate your input and knowledge. Thanks

there are guys that can barrel roll stock sj's no problem and I've seen guys backflip mildly moded sj's off good size boat wake but not off there own set up wake. more power will obviousy help, but rider skill can go a long way

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
AlbanyMotorsports did it at flatwater friday on a stock hull, and I think he weighs in at 250ish.
Not a 701, but not a stroker, either.

Thanks for the input guys. The barrel roll sounds very doable do to the fact that i am very athletic and race motocross. As for the backflip, i may have to get somebody to drive the family wakeboarding boat around for me with the ballast full lol. Any more input is still valued.

Thanks for the input guys. The barrel roll sounds very doable do to the fact that i am very athletic and race motocross. As for the backflip, i may have to get somebody to drive the family wakeboarding boat around for me with the ballast full lol. Any more input is still valued.
Rolls are harder than flips. I can backflip much easier off pretty big wakes than better roll lol.

To start welcome to the X.
I say start going for big nose stabs and get confident at getting upside down. Hanging around here and depending on your budget and desire, before long you should turn that stock sj into a freestyle machine that turns heads while flying through the air.

To start welcome to the X.
I say start going for big nose stabs and get confident at getting upside down. Hanging around here and depending on your budget and desire, before long you should turn that stock sj into a freestyle machine that turns heads while flying through the air.

x2 its been great but unfortunately my bank account has seen a serious decrease oh well its all worth it

Top Bottom