Super Jet Stock RN pole length

Can someone let me know the length of the stock pole in between the top and bottom aluminum brackets? I am building my first Superjet and bought a shortened pole. Feels really short.

Or maybe someone can tell me if this looks to be okay, I am 5'8".20120717_203457.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone let me know the length of the stock pole in between the top and bottom aluminum brackets? I am building my first Superjet and bought a shortened pole. Feels really short.

Or maybe someone can tell me if this looks to be okay, I am 5'8".View attachment 190099

if that is the pic on the post its not to short... do you have foot holds. my poles are even with the hood latch or a inch or two more forward .li like to getting my body weight more forward but foot holds are moved forward too. moving the pole and foot holds forward gets your body weight forward and over the pole

pre 08 RN pole is 38.5" from turn plate pivot to pole/bracket bolt hinge point.

Thank you Jd91t, I will have to measure mine when I get home after work.

if that is the pic on the post its not to short... do you have foot holds. my poles are even with the hood latch or a inch or two more forward .li like to getting my body weight more forward but foot holds are moved forward too. moving the pole and foot holds forward gets your body weight forward and over the pole

Yes, it is the one in the pic. I am installing footholds this week or next, my order came in from U.S.composites. This is my $300 Superjet project that I just put that RN pole on. I guess sitting on the stand flat doesn't help the feel of the pole. I see how it would feel different with the tail in the water. Just haven't ever been on this or any other standup. Trying to get this thing ready to float and run this week or next.

put your foot hold as forward as possiable. you can only go so far forward on the right side due to the exhaust interfearing, unless you take it out and make a custom piece like we did if you really feel inspired lower the footholds too..

rwilliamtaylor

Ride, Wrench, Repeat
This round nose pole is shortened 4" and has a blowsion shortened turn plate. I have footholds as well and really like the positioning.

37f4979f.jpg

766ab816.jpg

Top Bottom