Stock Superjet hull Frsstyle

Big Mac Daddy making it happen and making it look it easy. I think part of the reason we are all hungry to do what the big boys do is because they make it look easy.

Always great style great attitude and Going bigger than most. Thanks for posting.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Even in a thread like this one, we need to talk about THE POWER PLANT!

So I called my mechanic Martin Schaub (MSR). It took a while until he found his LITTLE BOOK with the infos about this ski he build for me, which I used from 2000 until 2004.

Billet "ABLE" cylinder with a 6 mm stroke crankshaft (920cc)
B-Pipe
Stock ignition
Stock 46 single carb
Skat Trak 140 Magnum pump

weight 392 (because of the reinforcements)

Interesting fact!

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
So let me get this straight. We don't need a 60 lb hull that is 250 rtr to do some damn good freestyle. Mhmm *head scratch* well I guess back to the drawing bored.

Awesome video. I've always considered Mark one of the best . My question is why the Lightweight hull? Just something new to play with? Do you have any videos of you on the Lightweight doing traditional f/s? Have you tried f/s on any of the new style a/m hulls? I've often wondered if the older tricks are not performed because riders think no one wants to see them or they can't be done on the new hulls. (exception Parr) 1200cc's and 250lb hull would be an amazing monkey jump, for example.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Monkey jumps, ball busters, power 360's, hood tricks , subs and BR's are the shizzle. It is so refreshing to see a vid that doesn't just have continuous BF after BF after BF etc...

I remember mark's routines in the past and wanted to model my style with his.
Smoooth as butter! :)

BTW,IMO I actually think he look's much better on the stock SJ then on his ligthweight.de in the vids

The first idea for the Leight Weight was to have a ski which don´t need to be reenforced and never needs to be repaired anymore.

The problem is that every change which makes the ski better for flips is terrible for everything else!

I really enjoy riding the new LW because of doing Flips and Flaires and also in the surf, but I am always happy to ride my old ski from 2004 to do all this old school tricks ( my friend Frank owns the ski now )

To do oldschool tricks on the new hulls is difficult.

Also there is the big problem how the new 1200cc engines react after 3 seconds under the water and a 50/50 mix gas from the tank and water coming into the carb.

6 years ago all the REAL surf riders asked me what I need this special hull and big engine for!?!?!? IT`S NOT ABOUT THE SKI IN THE SURF!!!!!!!
Now we are all 6 years older and some of them are using the ( RICK: Freestyle only! ) XFS with 1000cc DASA engines!

Can they do new amazing things on this skis?

watch at 1:26
ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE ON A STOCK SJ HULL!!!!!!!

10 years ago!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year during the European Championship all the amateur riders rode a lot and had fun
all the Pro riders have been really affright to use there skis for training, because they could break.
Also they had only 5 gallons off this 50 Dollar/Gallon high oktain fuel with them!!!!!

TILT TILT

D-Roc

I forgot!
I think a lot of us just don't want to see true flat water freestyle to die. Everyone is about the backie. I hate the flat water backie. Lol. That video brings me back. Do you have a clip of a nice big one handed surf carve? Those where cool and the Kawi does it well.

I think a lot of us just don't want to see true flat water freestyle to die. Everyone is about the backie. I hate the flat water backie. Lol. That video brings me back. Do you have a clip of a nice big one handed surf carve? Those where cool and the Kawi does it well.

you hate the backie and want to see a one handed surf carve.WOW

D-Roc

I forgot!
Yeah I will try and find a pic. I think that is what you call it when you put your left hand on the throttle side and lay the ski over in a big wide carve and drag your right hand in the water. It makes for a killer slow mo video or a sick pic.

D-Roc

I forgot!
you hate the backie and want to see a one handed surf carve.WOW

Well I don't hate it so much as mostly the fact that a lot of people only seem to care about that trick like it proves your ride skill level. It does have skill level but mostly shows how well the skis have evolved into what they are nowadays. That video posted to me shows a guy that just straight up loves to ride skis and has learned everything you can do on one. It's a great video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom