Stock Superjet hull Frsstyle

To do oldschool tricks on the new hulls is difficult.

Also there is the big problem how the new 1200cc engines react after 3 seconds under the water and a 50/50 mix gas from the tank and water coming into the carb.

6 years ago all the REAL surf riders asked me what I need this special hull and big engine for!?!?!? IT`S NOT ABOUT THE SKI IN THE SURF!!!!!!!
Now we are all 6 years older and some of them are using the ( RICK: Freestyle only! ) XFS with 1000cc DASA engines!

Can they do new amazing things on this skis?

watch at 1:26
ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE ON A STOCK SJ HULL!!!!!!!

10 years ago!!!

[video=youtube;QkbRlXuyWkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkbRlXuyWkM&feature=related[/vide]
Wow double barrel roll, dude your a beast...

i like the old school tricks and brolls better than the backflip after backflip.. loose that lightweight hull and get your old SJ back!!
nice riding! best part was the sub to hood and ride out of it.

i like the old school tricks and brolls better than the backflip after backflip.. loose that lightweight hull and get your old SJ back!!
nice riding! best part was the sub to hood and ride out of it.

NO! I believe we can (must) have both! It's 2012 and I can't understand spending 15-25,000 on a one trick boat-- it has to be possible to have it all PLUS develop new stuff!

The new 5000+ hulls are limited to doing flips and different big air tricks they are no good for the old school hood, subs,etc.. More of a variety on the superjets!!

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
I'm pretty damn sure Marc could do that routine with the Light-weight hull.

Excellent..., here is a friendly video challenge/request to all the pros, or anyone who has such high accomplishments on a stock hull or especially on an A/M $15-20,000 jetski.

Add some of this..., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3mmMQuzx9A&feature=player_embedded ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awj7Izc97mc ....between BFs and I'm sure you'd have alot of kudos!

Just sayin..., lately, I too have been thinking/wondering..., Wow BRs and BFs are truly awesome although getting repetitious, but can these guys pull off some of what Watkins, Ripenkruger and Burlew did?

Alot of us still think that stuff is challenging and cool! See poll... http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/110802-90s-00-s-or-2010-s-Freestyle-you-decide-which-is-best

:dunno:

:bananalama:

Last edited:
Excellent..., here is a friendly video challenge/request to all the pros, or anyone who has such high accomplishments on a stock hull or especially on an A/M $15-20,000 jetskis.

Add some of this..., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3mmMQuzx9A&feature=player_embedded ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awj7Izc97mc ....between BFs and I'm sure you'd have alot of kudos!

Just sayin..., lately, I too have been thinking/wondering..., Wow BRs and BFs are truly awesome although getting repetitious, but can these guys pull off some of what Watkins, Ripenkruger and Burlew did?

Alot of us still think that stuff is challenging and cool! See poll... http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/110802-90s-00-s-or-2010-s-Freestyle-you-decide-which-is-best

:dunno:

:bananalama:

It was snowing yesterday over here, so to cold to make the OLDSCHOOL on a LW ski video.

I am going to give it a try first time on the water this saison, this is going to be a great challenge!!

parrdaddy

No he will not!
Marc, these videos really make me miss the old days. Flatwater has always been my jet ski passion, but it's nearly impossible to do the old fun tricks on a 1000, or now 1200! There are a few problems with the new skis, and it's not really the hulls that hold people back. IMO they look like this:
1) These engine packages are SO expensive, it is not wise to take them under water often.
2) When underwater, they have the power to pull you off and keep going until a) they lock up, b) they suck the hood liner in, c) they never come back up.
3) I doubt if even a professional rock climber could hang on to one of these skis when the throttle is inadvertently squeezed too much!
4) The throttle response is so quick and violent compared to the older engine packages, being smooth when on the hood, backwards, under water, etc. is a challenge to say the least.
5) I'm sure there are more that I'll think of later....

I can tell you for sure, I spent a fair amount of time last summer trying to bring my old school riding up to speed when I switched to the X-Scream hull and 1000cc. Those 'easy' old tricks were harder than any of the new 'hard' tricks. You can waste a lot of gas waiting on a ski to come back to you that doesn't like to circle, because it will put you in the water so fast you won't even know which way to look for it when you come up, FACT!

Back flips all day are boring. Marc's videos should be an inspiration to everyone that is on an OEM hull. That stuff is fun and never gets old for me....

Last edited:
So we spent a lot of money in order NOT to be able to do all this tricks, but we can do up to 17 loops in 15 seconds!??!
TILT

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
So we spent a lot of money in order NOT to be able to do all this tricks, but we can do up to 17 loops in 15 seconds!??!
TILT

Its all about what the riders want, some like hood tricks, other prefer flips. I used to love hood tricks, but as the competition started aiming more towards flips, we changed our equipment to keep up.

5 years ago when I was starting freestyle on a super jet, Marc and ParrDaddy were huuge inspirations for me. Talk about endless hours of YouTube, I was watching every video to try and learn new tricks that you guys make look easy. Definitely a lot of talent to do all that on a stock hull.

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.

True true.. Tons of respect for the talent all the time flatwater guys have put in to the sport to get it to this level. And I love watching it! And trying it is fun as watching it. Love the inspiration....

I know it all takes a lot of practice and natural talent, and that for me makes it all so much more desirable to watch and try..

Superjet flatwater is so much more technical, and pure to me. Don't get me wrong, because I love it all and it's all so much fun to watch and try. If it weren't for progression, none of it would have happened. And it's all progressed pretty fast. The last couple years have added variation with hulls, power, pumps and aerials.

For me it's all fun to watch and try. Huge thanks to everybody (and that's A LOT) pushing the sport along over the years.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Even in a thread like this one, we need to talk about THE POWER PLANT!

So I called my mechanic Martin Schaub (MSR). It took a while until he found his LITTLE BOOK with the infos about this ski he build for me, which I used from 2000 until 2004.

Billet "ABLE" cylinder with a 6 mm stroke crankshaft (920cc)
B-Pipe
Stock ignition
Stock 46 single carb
Skat Trak 140 Magnum pump

weight 392 (because of the reinforcements)

Is this the specs from the Sueprflip training video?

I want to know what is under the hood on that 1st video, and the other stock hull videos that are 10 years old. I have a stock SJ, just got a head, prop and reeds, working on an ignition and a pipe. Knowing that 1st video was on a stock hull is great, because I will probably never own anything aftermarket. They can keep it anyway. That 1st video is much more interesting than any video I have seen recently. The 10' flatwater backflips are impressive once, but after that, they are kind of boring. I want to learn the tricks that made me get a ski in the 1st place. The new stuff makes me yawn, repetition is boring.

Top Bottom