stroker vs. stock

what are the advantages and disadvantages of stroker motors and stock crank motors ( big displacement)?
are there any threads or webpages that break this down? i'm interested in maintenance, price, power, reliability? the usual :):):):)e.
if I wanted a total Balls Out motor (scary acceleration), which would haul more?
Cheers

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
what are the advantages and disadvantages of stroker motors and stock crank motors ( big displacement)?
are there any threads or webpages that break this down? i'm interested in maintenance, price, power, reliability? the usual :):):):)e.
if I wanted a total Balls Out motor (scary acceleration), which would haul more?
Cheers

I own a Lamey 5mil x 85mil flattop stroker. At this point, I did a new top end after 160 gallons of fuel last year and had the crank checked. It looks like its gonna be a top end every year and crank rebuild every other year.

As far as power goes, I will never go back to stock stroke BUT, with that said, crammit442 has a superstock stock stroke motor(not sure of cc)(I think he has 84mm dome pistons in it) that is stupid strong.

I have heard all the drama as far as stroker maintenance goes and knock on wood-no disasters here yet. If I had 8000.00 to blow right now, I would have Lameys now billet case 16mil x 89mil engine in a heart beat.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I own a Lamey 5mil x 85mil flattop stroker. At this point, I did a new top end after 160 gallons of fuel last year and had the crank checked. It looks like its gonna be a top end every year and crank rebuild every other year.

As far as power goes, I will never go back to stock stroke BUT, with that said, crammit442 has a superstock stock stroke motor(not sure of cc)(I think he has 84mm dome pistons in it) that is stupid strong.

I have heard all the drama as far as stroker maintenance goes and knock on wood-no disasters here yet. If I had 8000.00 to blow right now, I would have Lameys now billet case 16mil x 89mil engine in a heart beat.

Stock stroke at 84, and it is a 760 topend :laugh2:

I wish my ski ran like that one :shrug:

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Big HP can only be made with big cc engines, so strokers are a must to take you there in 62T engine formats.
Generally the more HP you make, the rebuild time is shortened some from just wear and tear. But not necessarily a lot of maintenance.
HP can be had with stock stroke engines as well.
Our new SS865 is doing very well in this field with most of them on pump gas and charging systems to be user friendly for more ride time.

Link to Cuong's setup... http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/56119

Link to website...
http://www.xmetalworks.com/

SS865 engine, http://www.xmetalworks.com/products/ss865+stock+stroke+865cc+engine+package/44

thanks for the imput bouys!
where did Crammit's 760 came from?
GroupK's got a couple big bore kits I was looking at, but I really like XMetal's schit.
I've got a 64X, does this engine lend itself to comfortable big bore mods without complications?

so then what would be the best bang for the buck. I allready spent way more then I wanted to on my ski. I have an 09' superjet. Factory moded B-pipe, lightweight flywheel, ada head, reeds, msd enhancer, 12/17 skat prop. Im up for spending around 2500. should I bore, stroker it out or is there something else out there more powerfull for this price. Im flatwater/surf

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
so then what would be the best bang for the buck. I allready spent way more then I wanted to on my ski. I have an 09' superjet. Factory moded B-pipe, lightweight flywheel, ada head, reeds, msd enhancer, 12/17 skat prop. Im up for spending around 2500. should I bore, stroker it out or is there something else out there more powerfull for this price. Im flatwater/surf

If u are in the 2500 range, you are out of the stroker range. A crank alone is 1500.00 plus another 600.00ish to get your cases ready for the crank, +++++++++++++. If you are gonna build a stroker, plan on 5000.00. Im not sure on the price of the SS865, and I think it is 2800.00??? Someone from X scream pipe in hear. I would also contact Brian at SB Products to see what he has to offer. See my sig to contact SB Products here on the X.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia

If your up for spending a bit more then xscreams 865 is $2900.. And if you dont want to spend that much im sure you can still get a ripppin motor from them for that much.. maybe a 771 or 800

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
If u are in the 2500 range, you are out of the stroker range. A crank alone is 1500.00 plus another 600.00ish to get your cases ready for the crank, +++++++++++++. If you are gonna build a stroker, plan on 5000.00. Im not sure on the price of the SS865, and I think it is 2800.00??? Someone from X scream pipe in hear. I would also contact Brian at SB Products to see what he has to offer. See my sig to contact SB Products here on the X.

I thought jetworks had a 4mil stroker setup and it was like $2400? I rode one a while back and it ripped too!

If you have a good crankshaft then the best bang for the buck would be to go big bore 84 or 85.5 and have it ported correctly. All machine work including case boring with a set of pistons should be less than 1500.00 If you have close to 2800.00 then you might as well stroke it as well. cc being equal the engine with the longer stroke should come on earlier and have a wider power band.

Top Bottom