sub on an x2

has any one ever done this with out jumping in the air and pushing the nose down? i was cruising around the lake yesturday and i tried to spin out like you would on a couch and the nose went under and pulled me down a good five feet. to the bottom. then the engine bay was completely full of water. how do you keep the water out??

Hood mods, good hood seal, etc.. And yeah the x2 can turn sub really easily. A lot of times when I'm coming into the dock if there are a ton of people around I'll just lean forward a little bit and sink the nose shutting it up. My exhaust comes out in front of my tubbie on the left side, so I just bury the nose under water and ride into the dock. Definitely don't have to prehop.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I haven't been able to sub my X2 but I don't have foot straps. I think with foot straps I could sub it just fine.

I can turn sub no problem.

i did a sub in fl at the x2 ride and a custom 760 is still under the water so be careful of those subs. especially if its not your ski, lol

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
i did a sub in fl at the x2 ride and a custom 760 is still under the water so be careful of those subs. especially if its not your ski, lol

My ski has not sunk from subs, but I'm running 2 500 GPH bilges and they both pump for 15 secs or more after a sub. The X2 defenitaly takes on obsurd amounts of water.

i was thinking about filling it up with gas then just duck taping around the hood seal. and ya i have a bilge and it works great now that i have it rigged up. prettty cool

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
the water comes in the air intakes on the hood more than the seal. look at mine or many other build threads to see how to mod the hood to be more effective for real riding

agua

FIshing for Stand ups
Im sad to say that yes i have sunken my ski, but it was in about 4 feet of water so i picked it up above the water line and pumped the water out, afterwards it still started like a champ though

how to sub

get dakine footstraps then tilt the handlebars forward, get the ski past plane a bit (the faster over plane = deeper) then pre-hop and lean forward toward the water until your under.

also get a bilge and bilge switch because unless you feel like turning your ski over youll have to get that water out.

it gets easier the more you do it

Top Bottom