Suggestions for a decent mtb?

wydopen

onthepipe
Been running tubeless for 11 years! Those tires sweated like a prostitute in church!. They were good tires. Just did not hold air as well. Never lost air while riding...
Even exo casing? I used to run the singleply wire bead ones too sometimes when I was on 26 and never had problems with those either.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Even exo casing? I used to run the singleply wire bead ones too sometimes when I was on 26 and never had problems with those either.
Bringing back the convo about Maxxis, Picked up an Evil Following little over a year ago, It came with Maxxis. They have actually been really good. Just heavy!!!!! But 2.6 on Front and 2.5 (or 2.4)on rear. So alot of rubber there.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Just the thread I need! sold my ebike and looking to get a full suspension mtb bike to ride the trails/downhill with the kiddo. Any suggestions on decent older brands/models under 1500?

wydopen

onthepipe
Bringing back the convo about Maxxis, Picked up an Evil Following little over a year ago, It came with Maxxis. They have actually been really good. Just heavy!!!!! But 2.6 on Front and 2.5 (or 2.4)on rear. So alot of rubber there.
Which casing? Still using exo casings front and rear even on a 50lb+ ebike. The internet experts claim they are impossible to keep from flatting but I have been using them for 10years with no problems. Did dent my rear rim last weekend for the first time on this bike but was under 25psi in the rear.

Built my son a new bike with some old parts I had and a few things I got a deal on. He taco'd his wheel on the 24" hitting this dirt jump and it was time for him to move up. He rips it on the hardtail.

p5pb25108297.jpg
p6pb25383126.jpg

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
What about a 2020 Diamondback Release 27 Carbon? Are these any good for both climbing hills and downhill? And is 1700$ a good price. Says it has 500 miles on it.
1706207742840.jpeg

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
P
Depends on what type of riding you plan to do. Was probably purchased with free government cheese during scamdemic.

Plan is to pedal up rocky trails and then go back down those trails. Much more pedaling then a strictly downhill bike. I was also looking at a 2017 felt decree for 1000$ but figure the diamond back was worth the extra 700 for the fox suspension?

P

Plan is to pedal up rocky trails and then go back down those trails. Much more pedaling then a strictly downhill bike. I was also looking at a 2017 felt decree for 1000$ but figure the diamond back was worth the extra 700 for the fox suspension?
I recommend 29”wheels, fox 34 is a decent fork. 140mm travel or less can be fun without zapping your power on the climbs. I have an intense carbine I built how I wanted it.. it’s overkill for trail riding, was built for racing enduro.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
You would definitely still be able to have fun on the bike you posted. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
That is the goal for now. I haven't ridden mtb since my giant iguana I got in the 90s as a kid and then rode through my 20s. Now my 10 year old is into mtbing so need something I can ride with him with. but hard to pick something when I don't even know what I want/like.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
27.5 Wheels are fun in certain situations. If there are alot of roots and rocks, 29" wheels will negotiate them pretty effective. 27.5 will make you pick your lines more. I rode a Trek Fuel Ex 9 27.5 from 2015 to 2022. My local trails are tight and twisty, so the 27.5 worked well. Picked up an Evil Following in 2022. Really enjoying the 29" (I have 29" Hardtail also). That DB has a good spec. 150 Front 130 Rear. (I am running 130 Front 120 rear) Price is pretty good also. Depending on the specs that Felt may be good also. Send more info on it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Drivetrain on the DB is much better. Brakes are better. Not saying the Felt is not a good bike, if you stood them together both as brand new bikes, the DB would have the better components.

Top Bottom