Summer is coming. $10 microwave fan.

Figured I had to share this with yall.

$10 NukeFan.

So you don't lose your cool after you just blew up your ski heres a quick diy on your new favorite shop fan.

These fans are pretty quiet and move tons of air so before you toss that old nuker, snatch that fan from it! And dont forget the capacitor!

Screenshot_20170305-190103.png

$5 for the on-off-on switch
There's almost always a sticker with the wiring diagram located on the fan.
Put little screws through the wood into the plastic but make sure to use plenty liquid nails when final assembly of the wood.
Screenshot_20170305-190111.png

My old nuke fan has been running almost everyday for the last 2 years and shes still as quiet as the day it was built.
Screenshot_20170305-190733.png

Last edited:
Good stuff. If you want to up the CFM use a squirrel cage fan from an old HVAC unit. They're big in the woodworking community to make DIY air cleaners.

Good stuff. If you want to up the CFM use a squirrel cage fan from an old HVAC unit. They're big in the woodworking community to make DIY air cleaners.

When I worked for this welding company back in the day I acquired a restaurant return air squirrel cage fan. I hooked it to a 1hp motor and needless to say it was way too much. Pretty much blew away anything that wasn't bolted down!

That thing was a life saver when sanding/grinding fiberglass tho.

Top Bottom