Surfriding Sundays tropical storm surf footage

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Thank you sir! I love challenging terrain. Probably because I raced harescrambles for so long. I'm always up for a good challenge, I loved those conditions!!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Anything is better than lake Atlantic. The crappy stuff Just keeps the skills honed for the few days a year when we get nice clean west coast type surf.

Sunday was a total blast! This surf was killer IMO but my 2 riding buddies thought it sucked haha. Reminded me of riding dirtbikes... The swells were like hillclimbs and the whitewash was like a step up jump. Totally killer surf, I wish we could get days like this more often.

i cant believe you rode that nasty :):):):) lol.....

Last edited by a moderator:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Dude when you have flat shallow surf all year it's exciting to have something big and nasty to ride. I love a challenge and I also like knowing I won't hit bottom. This was probably the most fun I had all year on the ski. Want me to call you next time we get some big and nasty? :)

we use to ride big sloppy wet rutted mountains on the motox biikes too back in the day,it is very sim,these days doing that and riding conditions like those is more like work and less like fun. remember back in the day riding huge storm surf droppin in on fast moving monster mountains of waves was a rush,its the randomness of shallow inlets and waves breaking all over that worries me these days,there is no safe spot in case something happens. Its not that bad out there unless you break down or have to tow someone else...then things get real sketch real quick...props nice ridden out there handlin the slop shop though

Awesome ride, I love getting out in some huge nasty waves like that, makes you appreciate the power of the ocean! Glad to see you guys had the balls to get out there and rip it up!

JamesG

Site Supporter
Right on, looks like the typical waves we ride on a nasty onshore wind day.
Good stuff, those waves separate the boys from the men :brap:

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I just had coffee at the beach....It's big today!
Still pretty messy though.

Go get it Jamie!

This beach-cam shoots thru plastic windows...a bit foggy in the morning.
http://www.southbeachgrill.net/live-beach-camera

Dean says:
SUNDAY: Wind light NNW/N in the morning, then N/NE 6-16 mph with waves leveling off at 2-occ 3′ in moderate to occ long period NE/ENE swell.

Wind is pretty calm right now....might clean up nicely.

Last edited:

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
We rode ponce yesterday. It was way better. Just as big and nasty, but a lot cleaner. I had way more fun. Although my ski didnt make it back on it's own power. Battery strap broke, battery fell out of the box, snapped the battery terminal off. My ski took quite a beating.

We rode ponce yesterday. It was way better. Just as big and nasty, but a lot cleaner. I had way more fun. Although my ski didnt make it back on it's own power. Battery strap broke, battery fell out of the box, snapped the battery terminal off. My ski took quite a beating.

:Banane09::Banane09: If you aren't being towed back to shore you didn't ride hard enough!!

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I wouldn't say it was more fun, just different and more calm. Nice having 2 different options, clean surf inside the jetty and some bigger sloppier outside surf. Too bad the cops suck in that area though, getting pulled over twice in one day makes me want to stay in my little bubble of riding spots.

Top Bottom