sunk my brand new 2015 WDK rip...she gone

air blair

you are the reason
Good luck. Thanks for sharing your loss. Brings attention back to many on insurance and or foam versus weight. Pond skis versus recreational skis. Rest assured every ski Ive owned or will have foam. Hell it takes search and rescue guys in the rivers a long time to find body's with the current. Hopefully it dipped into a lull and you can find her. That ski could be 1/4 mile down from where it went under.
Lawyer for sure my freind.

Air blair cell

Big Kahuna

Administrator
sunk the brand new rip in the delta and now Progressive insurance wont honor there insurance because they said they sent a letter 2 days before my ski sunk saying it was too much liabilty....BS i never got the letter so now im out of a ski.. thanks progressive beware !!!
Had you already been paying premiums?

Yes I payed premium on it, and exhuast came off somewhere ? Not sure where I'm assuming because it died and less than 1muinte I was doing everything I could to keep it above water but it was taking me down quicker than I could keep it up I had to let it go... I never thought it would happen to me... Then again I had insurance figured that's what we pay insurance for.. Little did I know... Everyone take it from me... Put some kind of device on your ski to locate it when it sinks..... As for underwater camera... You could take the brightest color thing in the world and won't be able to see it any more than about 3' of water in the delta they call it the dirty D for a reason
Thanks everyone for the kind words but like I said just take my story as advise because it ain't no fun losing your Pride and joy

Even if I would have foamed it it still would have sunk and then the current would take it away all of the people I've talked to said it will not move where it's at ... It's just a madder of getting a equipment out there and 2 diver due to safety

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Norcalcasey I'm sorry about your ski....

Seems many aftermarket hulls have been sinking lately. I fail to see the justification of spending the price of an entire ski to save a few pounds of weight (on foam).

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Im going to cap off my exhaust and plug my carb, etc. and do a sink test with mine at the boat launch(it's shallow). It'll be stuffed completely full of pool noodles, and it'll be interesting to see if it floats.. IMO it's no risk, just reward to see if it floats.

For what it's worth, I've seen/helped recover a waterlogged superfreak circus. However, it still just bobbed right under the surface(floating), with no foam. Just a completely sealed tray, which is hard to do..
2 part foam isn't really an option on the rip without extensive amounts of work and converting thru hull fittings, so you have to do something else. That's why I'm interested to see if pool noodles will do it. If anything, at least they'll displace a lot of water and allow you to hold it while it's sinking for longer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Im going to cap off my exhaust and plug my carb, etc. and do a sink test with mine at the boat launch(it's shallow). It'll be stuffed completely full of pool noodles, and it'll be interesting to see if it floats.. IMO it's no risk, just reward to see if it floats.

For what it's worth, I've seen/helped recover a waterlogged superfreak circus. However, it still just bobbed right under the surface(floating), with no foam. Just a completely sealed tray, which is hard to do..
2 part foam isn't really an option on the rip without extensive amounts of work and converting thru hull fittings, so you have to do something else. That's why I'm interested to see if pool noodles will do it. If anything, at least they'll displace a lot of water and allow you to hold it while it's sinking for longer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can't you just use math

Top Bottom