super jet help ( Electrical help )

Ok I have sn with a 61 X motor. It ran great for some time. I took it to the lake and it would not run right at all. It would be ok at low rpm if you hit it it was stutter. I took it home and tested the stator. It checks out. I also found out it has a msd enhanser on it. I know that they will go bad. Can you test them? I took the hole ski down and looked at every little thing. I could not find out what the hell is going on. I put it back together and it started fine and reved. So off to the lake. It ripped for about 1 HR. Then out of the blue it stopped. I started it back up ran great stopped. then I could run it for like 1 min if that.

I will go out and look for the green goo that I have read about in the start stop. If it is not there what can I look for? Thanks and I hate electrical gremlins!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok so I went out and looked at the stop start and there is no green goo. It looks fine. It is dry as well. I started the ski ran fine then it boged down and stutterd. I took a plug out and it was soked. I took the other plug out and the same thing. I checked for spark and it was there then it stopped. I did this for a few times and it comes and goes WTF!!!

I found the black and white wire and took them apart. I hit the botton and there was spark for anbout 3 sec. Then it went out then came back.

Can you test msd enhancers?

Any help would be great.

I put one on from my other ski and no go. I did not have the sensor in the head. So I dont know if that is why or not. With the msd it worked without it. How do I test the coil?

If it works from cold and then doesn't when warm it can be a coil on the stator. It will ohm out fine but break contact when hot. Since you have ruled out the CDI, my next place to check would be to change the stator. Try a different one or at least do the ohm check right away after your engine dies while the stator is hot.

It does not get spark now. It sat in the drive way all night and day. It did not run when I tested for spark!

I dont know if I will keep doing the stang up thing. I got 2 so I could have one that worked. Now I have 2 POS with a :):):):) ton of stuff done to them and they still dont go. I would rather put money in my cars than pos ski that you have to go all the way to the lake and then come all the way home just work on the dam thing......

It does not get spark now. It sat in the drive way all night and day. It did not run when I tested for spark!

I dont know if I will keep doing the stang up thing. I got 2 so I could have one that worked. Now I have 2 POS with a :):):):) ton of stuff done to them and they still dont go. I would rather put money in my cars than pos ski that you have to go all the way to the lake and then come all the way home just work on the dam thing......

That's part of the sport. I'm waiting for parts as I'm off all week and the forecast is for sun and can't ride... About 1:1 wrench to ride ratio lately. But I love it when it all comes together.
Coils rarely go bad. Check the leads with an ohm meter to be sure: 3.5-5 K ohms or so steady. The coil gets the signal from the CDI which is signaled from the Stator. Like I said, I'd change the stator since you know the CDI is good. Assuming you properly ruled out the start/stop switch already.

korned

www.dalusionfwx.co.nz
Your problem seems close to one I experienced... tried and tested everything.

Turns out mine was crap in the carb, would flow up the lines then back to carb and block causing cut out and low/no power. SOmetimes it ran for an hour, other times 5 mins.

Id look at your carb

I would then replace MSD for stock CDI, test....

Also the temp sensors in the SN are renound for failing.. you could disconnect it and test..

Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I dont think it is the carb. I dont have spark. Good info to know. I will check out the coil thanks for the inf on that as well. I will take a pic of the stang and the camaro just for you Sflsurfrider. I will get it done today!!!! I just have to see how to post them up on the site..

Ok I took the start stop apart and cleaned it all up. I still dont have spark. Well it comes and goes. I really want to go out to the lake. I would love some help. I have this dam pipe on here as well. I have to move the motor to get the ebox out aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Were is super man when you need him ha ha..

Top Bottom