super jet no spark. HELP!!!

So my friends super jet lost spark during a ride. I disconnected start stop switch. still no spark. Stater ohmed at 337 and 14.4. bought a new cdi and coil from jet maniac. Still no spark. Installed new stater got spark for a few cranks then no more. All connections look good and i'm kinda lost. Id like to have this ski ready for Daytona Friday night. Iv replaced everything besides the start stop switch, and voltage regulator. Iv even swapped the old cdi back in to verify and still no spark. what should i do next? its 1995 61x with all stock electronics with the over heat censer removed.

Blue

Judging your cheapness
If it had a bad ground the starter may pull enough amperage that your ebox losses its ground. Run a ground from the battery to the inside of the ebox just as a test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

just a thought.......I once used grease in the waterproof connectors for the start stop and the the kill switch connectors..... just to ensure proper connection and to keep any moisture out.....very bad idea.....the grease was conductive and I lost spark becuase the kill switch wires were conducting between the contacts even though the connectors were disconnected........washed the grease off and problem resolved

john zigler

Vendor Account
Try unplugging the switch completely, and jumping the start plug / wires with a paper clip. (red/brown) I have had this work in the past on SJ's. Be ready to plug the black/white wires back in to shut it off if it starts......

Top Bottom