SUPERFLY SEAT

Correction to the above, found out that he is offering an option without the turf on the sides which will allow you to turf your own in the color you want.

This seat is awesome lighter and feels so strong stable and best of all no more broken seat prongs .seat grab holds are easty to grab when your Int The air another quality product from Dave at 701 industries image.jpg

have a questions , i know you make good stuff, but what s the gain with this seat ? it s so easy to grab a stock one !!! really !!! and i don t know what you can do with the front grab there are so close from the bar !

Basically, the seat 1) is lower and shorter than stock and no longer have to cut down the stock seats as they are starting to get to be hard to find 2) is much lighter which will help with the overall feel of the ski as the more you can move the center of gravity down, the more stable the Blaster will feel.
As for the grab handles, the idea is to offer an intermediate grab and basically give a beginner an easier spot to grab as they transition to the further grab handle. The final benefit is that there are some people out there like myself that actually do some cruising the bay with friends that like the idea of having the stock seat length and feel to sit down while cruising, but also like the idea of a shortened and lowered seat to ride hard in the surf. This seat actually is a full replacement Surf seat that can be removed easily and swapped over to the stock seat when cruising. It gives options without having to try and find another stock seat to cut down.

Kurtis

player1

Player1
have a questions , i know you make good stuff, but what s the gain with this seat ? it s so easy to grab a stock one !!! really !!! and i don t know what you can do with the front grab there are so close from the bar !

Based on that, you would say you don't need the seat at all, but as there is a small handfull of pics of people doing seat grabs around the whole world, the seat will help the other 2000+ riders to do it in a progressive manner, which is far safer for the rest of us.

Lovin this seat! I'm going to have it painted the same color as the ski so i didn't get the turf option. Easy install, great design, we'll thought out imo. Lost 25 lbs from stock seat, climbing on the back or side mounting is almost effortless. Cruising the waterway really wasn't bad at all as fare as comfort. If your bigger/heavier guy and have a hard time getting back on your blaster u need this seat. It's so small you have so much more room and don't have to worry about the big stock seat getting in the way. Seat is solid and Dosent move around or come unhooked like stock seats sometimes do. After selling my stock seat I have around $150 invested in it and worth every penny. Great seat 701.20140804_182045.jpg20140804_182217.jpg 20140804_172432.jpg 20140804_172407.jpg 20140804_172415.jpg

Looks sick man. I have seen one picture of someone who took his to an upholsterer and had it foamed and covered also. That looked pretty sick as well. A tad bit more weight and bulk, but not a bad idea for someone who is wanting either that added custom touch or a little more comfort.

Hope to post some pics of mine installed soon. I am still playing with it to get it just the way I want it on my ski.

The Battery tray does seal up. There is a seal that ships with it that you put on to the bottom of the battery cover once you get it all lined up. It uses the stock seat latch, and has it's own t-bar to lock into the latch. This puts pressure on the seal for the battery like the stock seat would. Seals up nice.

Went out this weekend and got some riding time on the new seat. Unfortunately we didn't have any surf out, but I was still able to get some good riding in. The weight difference really makes the Ski a lot more predictable and forgiving as you lose around 30 pounds of weight that sits high (was on a completely stock seat). Mounting is a lot easier with this seat since it sits much lower and is shorter than stock. I have a much easier time grabbing the bars when mounting the ski from the rear, and the seat doesn't get in the way when side mounting. As far as cruising on this seat goes, it is doable but you don't want to do it at any fast speeds or for very long. I actually rode on the seat for about 6 miles running around 25-30 MPH and it wasn't too bad at all, however you will not want to be on it in any chop.....if you want to keep the family jewels happy. Overall I love the seat. It does what it was meant to do very well, and the design gives you the ability to knock out the pins on the hinge to remove the battery cover and use the stock seat if you really want to cruise. The seal that is included in the kit for the battery box seals up very nicely and my nephew riding and taking a few face plants into the bay with the ski on it's side, never had any water come in to the battery box.

player1

Player1
Found a new bonus of the superfly seat. were moving all the primers etc out of the way of your knees as I keep hitting them and breaking them off. the new seat lets you hide them better under it, where they are protected but easily accessed.

Top Bottom