Superfreak length?

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Are there any freaks local to you that you could get on back to back that are sub -5 and at the -4.3 (or whatever is the standard in that length)? I know I would love to have the chance to ride different length freaks back to back to try (even though we all know motor, pump an setup could skew this) and get a feel for how drastic the change in feel is from short to shorter.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have a -4.3 and have been on every length there is. Even a circus is ok as a rec boat once you get used to it. I say go -7. I rode Sanoman's -7 and felt right at home compared to how my -4.3 rides.

Are there any freaks local to you that you could get on back to back that are sub -5 and at the -4.3 (or whatever is the standard in that length)? I know I would love to have the chance to ride different length freaks back to back to try (even though we all know motor, pump an setup could skew this) and get a feel for how drastic the change in feel is from short to shorter.

I wish man. With so many engine/pump combos I'm not sure if you could get a good comparison. I love waveblaster785 and buckwilds -2 and feel very comfortable on them and had enough time to know id like to go shorter. I had pretty much decided on 4.3 a while back but after some talk about shorter I decided to entertain the idea.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I have a -4.3 and have been on every length there is. Even a circus is ok as a rec boat once you get used to it. I say go -7. I rode Sanoman's -7 and felt right at home compared to how my -4.3 rides.

So maybe -7 and worst case you have to throw a long plate at it?

Last edited:
if you want to see what a -5 800 powered and a -4.3 1000 powered can do on medium boat wakes, you can be bored to death and watch the miller park vids i've posted over the last couple seasons. miller park jetski maniacs on youtube by droidboy800

Yeah this area is pure boat wake paradise I don't think you can top it anyplace in the world. Wish you guys could all see these wakes in person. If anyone has a bucket list add riding to us to it!! Buzzard you'd love it with the skis you have! But we are 3,000 miles east lol.

Ed's pics put it in perspective damn good.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I've owned a -2 inch superfreak I've ridden a -4.3, I've ridden a -7 inch, I've ridden a -1.5 inch and a couple Circus hulls. The Badass hulls are all stable at speed but in my opinion the Badass is a very flat and loose riding hull. I think a shorter hull with a longer rideplate would make it more able to lay over and rail turns at speed since you're keeping a long keel but subtracting hull width in the rear allowing it to go rail to rail more easily... yet still not porpoise too bad because of the long rideplate. I will say my -2" had rear rocker and tapered rails which definitely affected high speed turns so I may be mostly thinking of my old hull but that's the general opinion I've made on the badass as for high speed handling characteristics. Your friends would know your riding area better than me

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
No one has really spoke about rocker on a SF. After reading Jamie's post,l think it important in deciding what you want out of your badass.And how changing the rocker on one will affect the flipability,no matter what length it is

Top Bottom