Super Jet superjet 2012

I think you would be happier in the long run with a used ski with the basic essential modifications already in place. If you enjoy riding then your only going to wind up doing them later for more money

Tmart

formerly superjet444
You lose your mind if you saw the kind of ski you could get for 8000 bucks. Don't buy a new one, its a waste of time b/c you have to dump 2000+ to make it fun.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Wath is that ????“available for purchase with racing license only.”
http://www.personalwatercraft.com/features/standup-pwc-lives-on-in-2012kind-of-1066.html

If you want to buy it in the states, you can't register it because it does not meet EPA requirements for watercraft manufactured after 2012. I think if you told them you were bringing it to Canada they would be able to sell it to you, but you should check your local laws to find out if you can have it there.

I say go for it. To me the 2012 is the sexiest superjet ever produced. My friend just got a 2012 hull brand new and it looks great.

BTW: Can somebody answer this question for me? We were looking closely at the bottom deck and it appears to be made from the nanoxcel. Is it true? How can you tell if something is nanoxcel?

View attachment 182687
I doubt it. Yamaha is pretty proud of the nanoX hulls, so I'm sure there'd be a big sticker on the ski if it was. Also, I checked their site & it's not listed under hull specs like they do with the runabouts. It's just a different type of SMC, so I'd bet even someone who knows about those type of materials couldn't tell the difference unless they are able to see a cross-section of the hull. Not sure why, but comparing the specs of the '08 & '12 shows the newer model actually gained 15lbs, which gives me even more doubt they are using nanoX on the newer ones.

The nanoX hulls seem to be a little more prone to cracking than the older SMC Yamis. Considering how many people use their SJ's, it's probably a good thing they didn't use it on that model.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I noticed the added weight on the specs too, but really not sure how a 2012 would gain 15 lbs. Kinda strange. I think you're right though, they would of said something about it being the nanoxcel if they decided to put it in. There is a very noticable difference between bottom and top deck material though, but maybe its always been that way and I never knew.

I noticed the added weight on the specs too, but really not sure how a 2012 would gain 15 lbs. Kinda strange. I think you're right though, they would of said something about it being the nanoxcel if they decided to put it in. There is a very noticable difference between bottom and top deck material though, but maybe its always been that way and I never knew.
For schitzengiggles I looked up the specs on my 2011 & it's listed at 291(15# less than the '12) dry weight as well. Guess I can skip dieting now. Maybe Yamaha had some old lead based paint lying around & decided to save a few bucks on the last year production. Just in case, tell your buddy to avoid licking his new ski...haha

sj bottom deck is smc top deck is glass, been that way sence the mid 90s when the top deck was the super heavy, phony plastic metten. I haven't seen a 2012, mabe they put a metten top deck on it to gain the 15 pounds.

Last edited:
I live in canada too and I called him and same thing , he cant sell me a SJ because im a Canadien :(

Top Bottom