Super Jet Superjet 650 to 701 swap help/advice

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
Would i be able to just switch the cylinders and go or would i have to get new pistons and all that?

You would want to either have the pistons that came with the cylinder and are true to the bore or bore out the cylinders to new pistons.

The best route would be a 61x/62t or a 61x/61x and down the road when you need a rebuild get a set of 62t cases.

so all I have to do is bolt in a 701, swap the cdi, and its plug and play from there ?

also, is the 61x cdi the same as a 62t cdi ?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
so all I have to do is bolt in a 701, swap the cdi, and its plug and play from there ?

also, is the 61x cdi the same as a 62t cdi ?
And tune the carb accordingly of course.
Only difference is one of the wires is male instead of female between the two cdis, so you have to make a jumper if you go the 62t route. But otherwise it's the same

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
Depending on the 701 you plan to use, there might be more work.

62t/62t will have rear exhaust meaning you will need a aftermarket pipe to make it front exit. You will also need to re-jet the carbs.
61x/61x will have the front exhaust that will drop right in. Carbs may need some tuning, jets might be correct depending on model.

I have heard 62t cdis work with the 61x/6m6 stator, but have also heard the opposite. 61x cdis are typically cheaper anyways. I have some for sale of both types.

On a different 650 to 701 thread, Some one said "More importantly with the 94 Waveraider 62T, the (coupler on the motor) is closer to the motor than the 93 Superjets 650."
Is this a common problem with superjet motor swaps ? I'm trying to do a swap on my 93 650.

Norass411

Hoarder
Jumping in on the thread jack also, haha. For the most cost efficient build, part out the 6m6 and build the 61x/62t using its crank or sell it complete and buy one complete? Just doesn't seem like there's any value in a 650 motor. Thanks for all the good info, y'all.

Top Bottom