Superjet aftermarket plans

Alrite so i have about $2000 to spend on mods for my almost stock superjet. It has a solas prop and dual bilge. My friend just got a sweet setup with b-pipe, head, prop, and reeds. i also have holds and turf. I need a better set up. I WANT POWER :) Help me out please.

Here is my plan,

ADA Head Used from jetmaniac
B-pipe NEW
carbon Reeds
Pump cone
Intake scoop grate
Throttle lever
UMI Handle bars
Xmetal trim
Cylinder port job

How is this set up? I just feel that this still isnt enough power. i want to land rolls of boat wakes etc. And some freestyle. Maybe even a backflip off wake.

And unless you are finding freaking awesome deals, you won't be getting all of that for only 2k. $730 for pipe, $250 for head, $15??? for rejetting, $30 for cone, 170 for scoop, (not sure on prices of throttle and bars), I think like $500-600 for xmetal with all of the other necessary items and porting can be VERY expensive.

Basically all but porting lol. Not sure the prices on that though.

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
I would go

Worx 201 - $180
Xmetal adjustable turnplate $180
ODI's - $25
Pipe - $750 (comes with jetting you need)
Toby Foothold's $120
Fiberglass/resin - $100
Turf $70
Underpad $10
ADA Head - $300

That should keep you happy for awhile

I have holds, and some one told me to get a 771 topend kit from Xmetal and a b-pipe and head and forget the rest. What u guys think? I just need the best bangs for my buck.

Best bang for your buck is a intake, hooker or swirl prop, bpipe, lightened stock flywheel, head, porting. You shortened your stock pole? If not, do so.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
ditch the trim.

B pipe
Porting
Bigger bore or carbuerators.

Make the motor go better and you will be way happier. Wait to find deals on small stuff like throttles,bars,scoop grates.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
ditch the trim.

B pipe
Porting
Bigger bore or carbuerators.

Make the motor go better and you will be way happier. Wait to find deals on small stuff like throttles,bars,scoop grates.

DO this^^^^^^

Pickup the accessories second hand, Get your motor ported, pipe and head.
EPICs are good, but you can get by with an MSD enhancer.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
xmetal handpole

Considering that this would cost $800 out of a $2,000 budget, what exactly would it do for the op in freestyle terms?
I'll just go ahead and state the obvious: this would be a huge waste of money for the op at this point.

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
if your not going for trim and want to concentrate on rolls, id highly recomend an A/M steering system and the ATP Turn nozzle

other suggestions would be footholds for sure and an ignition up grade, my personal choice would be an EPIC or even just a MSD enhancer so that you can get away from the limitations of a stock CDI

KR

www.krlines.com
No offense, but from what I've read it seems as if you don't know what you want to get. If you feel that way, I would stay clear from most of the parts you and everyone else have listed. From this thread I interpret that you want high end parts that you don't know much anything about. These trim systems and engine parts aren't just bolt on items. You have to modify :):):):) for them to work. Do you feel comfortable in doing that on a budget?

If I were you, I would get "bolt on" items first.

B-pipe (new), prop, grate, steering, nice pole etc. Thats $2k right there...The prop and pipe is EXCELLENT performance gain.

NOT: Trim systems, ported motors, computer parts, A/M Heads (Mill the stock one)...

Last edited:

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
KR is right we are all here running away and spending this guys well earned $$

when i bought my first brand new superjet i put a prop, intake grate, ride plate, straight bars and finger throttle on before it hit the water ran this for 6 months

the next mod i did was a b-pipe and simply added lifters, i ran that set up for quite a while (18 months)

after that it was foot holds, msd enhancer, delta v-force 2 reeds and a head

its sometimes easier to do the mods in stages, setting a budget is a great idea, but you have to think about what will give you bang for your buck

agreed b-pipe should be on there, there are then so many ways to add after that, some mods i dont think you getthe same return on are a lightweight flywheel and a/m head, before an a/m head id be spending my $$ on ignition, while you have a stock CDI you have the limitations of it also, the cheapest way to upgrade your stock cdi is to modify it to remove the rev limiter

Last edited:
Top Bottom