superjet allergic to water

a buddy of mine has a superjet that is scared to death of water. it has spark, fuel and compression. from time to time it will run like a champ on the trailer. the ski has a rec port job, r&d head, dry pipe and a brand new set of 38s off a 08 ski. the carbs are jetted 75 and 140 with a 1.5 needle and seat and a black spring. we know this set up will run because we have another ski set up this way and it runs with no issues. have also changed out the whole electrical system from a running ski. what gives?

no. put t handels in it. not sure where they are set at this moment but have tried everything from 1 down to 1/2 on the low. no idea on the high, would have to ask matt. not sure if he went any higher on the low or not. this ski is kicking our azz

tricky1

XXX
no. put t handels in it. not sure where they are set at this moment but have tried everything from 1 down to 1/2 on the low. no idea on the high, would have to ask matt. not sure if he went any higher on the low or not. this ski is kicking our azz

T handles from where?

unfortually, the gilinator hasnt had the pleasure of fornicating with this particular ski yet. the carb filters are spotless. i was leaning toward the waterbox being stopped up because the first time it was cranked, it blew oiley leaves all over the shop. matt has since cleaned it out and it has no rattles.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
Head gasket or exhaust manifold gasket. My buddy had a kawi that blew a head gasket. They ran it on the hose and the motor flooded. They sheared a woodruff key when they tried to start it back up and forced water into the flywheel cover through the front crank seal. So even after they dried it out it ran like ******** with poor spark. The bottom line is the ski would sit for a few hours it would start & run great once it hit the water or the hose there was nothing you could do to get it started.

Top Bottom