superjet allergic to water

believe it or not I am having this exact same issue must be the SJ ar allegice to AL water:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mine ran great today for about an hour then started acti ng stupid again I believe mine is the tuning of the carbs. Mine wont rev out acts like its on the rev limiter at 1/2 throttle I even tried bypassing the water temp sensor

I am running 70p 137.5m 90g spring 1/2 turn out on the low speed ans 2 turns on the highs. Mine has a mid range bog withmthis set up

I chased my tail doing all the same things I changed everything cdi, coils, stator, rebuilt the carbs, reeds, compresson (150) I AM AS STUMPED as you

Last edited:
we might be on to something, found clogged pick up in tank. going to water to see how it runs here shortly. i still think theres more obstruction in the waterbox.

ski still alergic to water. now thinking the pipe has a crack in it and drowning the motor. anybody else ever have a type 4 pipe to crack? we know that coffman pipes were bad about this a while back

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
ski still alergic to water. now thinking the pipe has a crack in it and drowning the motor. anybody else ever have a type 4 pipe to crack? we know that coffman pipes were bad about this a while back

Can you allaborate on the coffman pipe cracking. My SN has been acting up too. About the same symptoms has yours, and I still cant figure it out.

the water jacket forms a crack i guess by lack of water or heat or maybe the pipe has been dropped sometime or another. could even be a casting flaw. when the pipe heats up, the crack will open up and allow water to go where it shouldnt. makes for very hard water starts. pressure test your pipe, it will be obvious.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
have you checked for an exhaust leak? my old type 4 would blow couplers alot. when i would fall off, restarting it would be almost impossible cause it had no fresh air. maybe next time crack open the hood and see if you get a bunch of exhaust coming out...

just a thought, good luck!

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
I thought of that and pulled the hood last time and there was no smoke.

Now it seems that when its on the trailler and dry it runs perfectly (almost too good) and after 10 minutes of riding it strats to bog until it barely moves.
So I ordered a new head gasket and will go through all my electrical connections.
If anyone has another idea , shoot it. I need help here.

Dont mean to highjack this thread but problem is similar.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
have you checked for an exhaust leak? my old type 4 would blow couplers alot. when i would fall off, restarting it would be almost impossible cause it had no fresh air. maybe next time crack open the hood and see if you get a bunch of exhaust coming out...

just a thought, good luck!

I had these same symptoms but mine turned out to be a split fuel line, (So no smoke) but it would die out just the same. It would run all day fine with the hood off. I finally noticed all the fuel building up in the hull.

Top Bottom