superjet carb troubles help needed

I got some carbs from a member on here and through them on the ski. At first the second carb(one without fuel pump was doing absolutely nothing. It ended up being stuck needle. I put it back together and ran it again. the 1st carb (one with fuel pump) was just dumping fuel down the throat. like it was almost a constant drip of fuel so it made it run terrible. I pulled the carb again and changed the needle and seat from another set of carbs. it still does the same thing. I put a new carb kit in the 1st carb and its still dumping fuel. there is no obvious problem. this is not my first time by any means. iv rebuilt 50+ mikuni sbn carbs and could rebuilt one in my sleep. I'm stumped please help.

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Return line that goes thru the front carb back to the tank is probably clogged. Its a very fine hole. Clogs easily. Remove the hose from both sides and see if u can see thru it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Return line that goes thru the front carb back to the tank is probably clogged. Its a very fine hole. Clogs easily. Remove the hose from both sides and see if u can see thru it.

Agreed. I rebuilt two sets this summer with similar symptoms, both had clogged return orifices.

but if that were clogged wouldn't it make both carbs dump fuel? like even after I shut the ski off the fuel pump carb still drips fuel for a few seconds

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Typically it would but its worth checking. I see it happen Alot.. also check the popoff spring to make sure the correct spring is in the carb. Do you have a popoff gauge you can test the pop off pressure?

Last edited:
Top Bottom