Superjet cooling

I realize this topic has been done to death, but after reading the first couple pages of several large threads, I get total information overload because there is so many differing opinions.

So I figured I would diagram how I was intending to plumb mine and see if there was anything terribly wrong with it.

The engine is a stock 701 out of a blaster with a b-pipe on it.

hwSgxn9.jpg

schicks

Karma Enforcer
looks good. the only thing you might want to reconsider is running the line off the head to the top of the b-pipe instead of the bottom. Let gravity work for you. Then run the bottom line from the head pipe to pisser.

image.jpg Mines a 2011 superjet with limited b pipe. I've tapped the manifold for dual cooling but single off the pump y piece to manifold. Haven't tapped pump yet, will do eventually. I've installed it how factory pipe say to other than the dual cooling. Cylinder head to top of head pipe, bottom of head pipe to pisser with a t and fcv to stinger. Just got to see if it works now, haven't started it yet!! Fingers crossed

Fro Diesel

creative control
Cyl head to pisser2 needs an adjustable restrictor, or use nylon bushings depending on water temp.

From the top of the bpipe go straight to your fcv and put a reducer/nylon bushing that you can shove inside the cooling hose to reduce id, inline before the "t" to pisser1. This will increase pressure in your bpipe, spray vs dribble.

This way the exhaust is on one curcuit and the temperature of the cyl head can be adjusted according to changes. You want your bpipe headpipe pressurized, and HOT, hotter than you think, for best performance.

you def want the head to go to the bottom headpipe fitting. otherwise you end up with large air pockets in the headpipe waterchannels that get little/no water to cool. by letting it fill up from the bottom up it means the water channels are al completely fully and getting flow. Plus the gravity helping pull the water down the tube to the bottom fitting makes up for the (flow) headloss from having to push the water back up!

Top Bottom