Super Jet Superjet engine mod help

Currently I have a 2003 superjet with stock bore, Ada head with 35cc domes, msd enhancer and b pipe. I'm looking at doing something else to the motor to give it extra power. Was thinking 770 but was told that just porting a 701 would be almost as good as the big bore. Then I was told that you need to port and epoxy the cases for a 770 and another shop is telling me you don't till you go bigger than 770. Any help with guys who have actually rode these different setups would be greatly appreciated. The ski is going to be used in Lake Michigan mostly. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Porting will make a huge difference. If it's Lake Michigan and a superjet you probably don't need too much more power.
Most importantly, what is your budget?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd like to keep it around 2000. It's got an aftermarket impeller but I'm not sure on what it is exactly. I'm going to pull that Monday. I plan to do the Solas 12 vein or tbm pump stuffer as well to get the power to the water.

I also have a pair of 44mm carbs that can go on if it would help.

Thanks

I go with porting you can have barrels ported but when you start porting bottom cases then you need to epoxy them . Best set up for you budget would be porting solas mag pump with good prop one the suits your riding pitch etc and a set of carbs jetted and set up correctly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two questions.

Is it worth the extra money to go to the 770 over a ported 701?

Second a tbm pump stuffer I was told will be equal to the performance of the Solas pump and was told the Solas pump weighs more than the factory 144 with the stuffer. Is that true?

Thanks for your help guys.

You will get more power if you bore up but with 770 you have no room for error the barrels will be really thin ? I had a ported 701 X and 760 t and prefer X motor more bottom hit , I also had Tbm and blowsion pump stuffer but my solas 144 beats it hands down, your correct the mag pump is heavier but in my option the hock up out weighs the weight

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Send @holeshot a message and talk to him about your needs and porting vs going with a 5mil stroker. Better to buy once cry once; No since in going with a 770 now when next season you are going to want an 800+

Quinc you just blown his budget straight out the window
That's what I'm running now 760 5mm about 800 cc and love the power hits hard but to come from stock 701 to stroker is a BIG man jump

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Send @holeshot a message and talk to him about your needs and porting vs going with a 5mil stroker. Better to buy once cry once; No since in going with a 770 now when next season you are going to want an 800+

And a 5mil 828cc costs less than a 781 big bore too, due to not having to do so much machine work and still use stock sleeves.. A no brainer!

Sounds good. I'll give him a shout. I agree if I have to spend a little more now I'd rather do that. I don't want to do a 770 or port work then immediately want to go bigger.

And a 5mil 828cc costs less than a 781 big bore too, due to not having to do so much machine work and still use stock sleeves.. A no brainer!

Errrr +5mm at 84x73=809cc assuming you stick to the 61x top end thats all youll safely get with stock sleeves and no more over bores remaining. You would need the 62t, 64x 760. Get you can opener cause your gonna need worms

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Errrr +5mm at 84x73=809cc assuming you stick to the 61x top end thats all youll safely get with stock sleeves and no more over bores remaining. You would need the 62t, 64x 760. Get you can opener cause your gonna need worms
The 5mil kit I am referencing is HPE, which uses a 760 cylinder.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Currently I have a 2003 superjet with stock bore, Ada head with 35cc domes, msd enhancer and b pipe. I'm looking at doing something else to the motor to give it extra power. Was thinking 770 but was told that just porting a 701 would be almost as good as the big bore. Then I was told that you need to port and epoxy the cases for a 770 and another shop is telling me you don't till you go bigger than 770. Any help with guys who have actually rode these different setups would be greatly appreciated. The ski is going to be used in Lake Michigan mostly. Thanks

@Blue @JetManiac

Blue

Judging your cheapness
A ported 701 will make more power than just boring a cylinder out to its max bore to make it a big bore. If a shop is telling you that you dont need to epoxy the cases then that tells me they are barely giving you any porting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom