Superjet hull and what I need

Looking at a good deal on a hull but it's just that a hull and handle pole about how much and maybe a list or something to help I no a mechanic who said he would help me put it in but just kinda wondering I want a 701 61x but what all else would that entail right from the start just to get it running

TheCoz43

Jet Surfer
Engine $500, pipe $500, waterbox $200, hoses $50, carb or carbs $150-200, midshaft $150, driveshaft $200, pump $250, nozzle $150, steering cable etc. $150, ride plate $75, electrical box $200, stator $100, flywheel $50. Ect gaskets pissers bilge $200. Gas tank $100.

Buying all the parts separately is defiantly the hard /expensive way to do it . The hull , pole , pole bracket, 3 parts out of about 100 . But if you got the time and $3-4k you could do it , download a superjet manual and have a read . I don't want to sound to negative but if you don't know much about them it would be a mission

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Been there, done that....buy a complete ski. Even when you think you have it all....you forgot stuff....then when you get what you forgot....you forgot more stuff. Repeat this atleast 5-10x. Even if you are buying all the stuff used and cheap, the shipping alone will make it not worth it.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
You need to buy a complete donor ski at the very least, you will get nickel and dimed to death, I do enjoy building them up though, I bought a complete wb2 to build the ski in my avatar and ended up only having about 150 in my engine and carbs after selling off the rest of the donor ski, but as stated above you won't save a ton in the long run, possibly nothing.

Buy a complete sj or a couch to get most of it. These guys are not blowing smoke up your ass. It is not worth putting it together buying all the parts.

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Ive used donor couches in the past. Best way IMO. If you get a square nose I don't even know if it be worth transferring to a round nose hull or just save up for an AM rec hull.

Top Bottom