Super Jet Superjet race boat HELP?

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
The square nose is not going to be that good a race boat. Sure some people can still ride them and do well but your asking alot of it and yourself.
What class were you hoping to run in

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
I raced a 650 sn in the vintage class up here on the greatlakes watercross tour. A few mods that are essential, tubbies, shortened handle pole (I had a RN pole), intake grate, rideplate. Once the hull is all squared away (pun intended) I would proceed to drop a 701 in and start to mod that. The vintage class here had all sorts of skis so the 650 if ridden correctly was actually relatively competitive. Ofcourse a large course on calmwater the 650 will get smoked by the 750's and 701's, but you get in rough water or on a tight course the 650 will hold its own assuming you can ride it.

sjl

The square nose is not going to be that good a race boat. Sure some people can still ride them and do well but your asking alot of it and yourself.What class were you hoping to run in
I guess I will race beginner I've never raced anything but motocross my other ski is a 440 ill probably do beginner and vintage, I really want to get an sxr though or a new superjet but I don't have the coin right now

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
I guess I will race beginner I've never raced anything but motocross my other ski is a 440 ill probably do beginner and vintage, I really want to get an sxr though or a new superjet but I don't have the coin right now

A squarenose (even a 650) will be fine for you to get you started in the beginner/vintage class. Once you step up to a Novice class (whether it be Stock or Ltd), then an SXR would become much more necessary. Enter the races, build your skills and then upgrade to a different ski.

I am willing to bet you will probably beat a few SXR's in beginner class! Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

like optima said just go race you will know when to get another ski but atleast your out there trying the racers in your region are a great group of guys check out liquidspeedradio.com or just go to r5waterxracing.com and they will be able to help you out

Top Bottom