Superjet Rideplate question

Found a Worx Dominator ride plate for a 2006 RN super jet - WR-305.

My ski is a 90 SN with a 97 Motor and pump.

From what I have read it should work.... Am I wrong, any comments?

Thanks, Mike

It will work, My '95 a Worx mounted to the back when I bought it. There is no need to drill 2 additional bolt holes in the middle. It will just use the forward most and rear most ride plate holes on your ski. There is no need for having it attached by 6 holes, that's probably why the RN hull went to a 4 bolt design.

It will work...just ask yourself what kind of riding you like to do...that dominator plate will keep the nose planted to the water. If your thinking you want to fart around at the lake and jump wake, you may want to consider someting less aggressive.

Would hate to see you spend your $$ and be disappointed with the result because no one told you otherwise.

If your thinking you want to fart around at the lake and jump wake, you may want to consider someting less aggressive.
Ack, I do enjoy 'farting' around in the lake, but I am getting annoyed with the purposing of my machine. Is there something more balanced, that will keep both options opened?

Thanks in advance, Mike.

What plate do you have on there now??

Alot of the time you can get rid of porpoising just by getting use to the machine and changing up your ride style a bit...I know you just got theat ski so this may be the case.

You can also try putting some washers between the hull and rideplate to shim it...this will put some downward pressure on the nose. Its a virtually free mod and I would try that before spending money on another plate.

If you do want to go with a different plate...you could try a protec, riva groovy, r&D proseries, worx short plate...anything that is just not super long.

One thing I just thought of...your running a stock pole...if you can get your weight more forward it will defeinately help with the porpoising and it will probably feel more comfortable for you.

Those stock poles are long...if you wanted to you could find a shorter ac pole or better yet convert to a rn pole setup. Both those options involve spending some $$ but even modding your stock turnplate to accept a set of straight bars will get you a good couple inches shorter.

Just some suggestions...

I am currently running a west coast plate. No matter how far I get my stance forward, she still seems to bounce. This winter I plan on getting a RN pole on it, but for now, I will definitely try that washer trick.

Where you riding outta Midland? I am currently working in Port McNicoll so I am living up there during the week, riding after work everyday.

I usually ride out of victoria harbour which is actually across the bay from port mcnicholl...you working at the big new development going in there where the old grain elevator use to be?

Let me know when you are going out and I'll see if I can join you.

Top Bottom