Superjet surfboat III

joe b

depth tester
Looks like it's getting close to cooked.......you seem a lot more confortable than when I last saw it. Should've given me a ring........I had cabin fever and would've ventured out with ya!

I stayed in the garage and played fiberglass just for something to do.

Sorry Cheif:sadwavey: I thought someone would of talked to you. Hey... Today is no nicer than yesterday if you wanna go out see what you were missing:jester:

Extended bondrail around the tail. Made a huge difference and now I can lean back and not have the nose pop out of the water. It's fun and I'm liking how it's working for now....

Thanks wavehog and flash-fx for the vid :wave:

Nice rainy day, wind gusts @ 40. Washing machine beach break. Landing reenrys in 6in. It was a good day:mischievous:

YouTube - 4th ride

looks like it turns good and quick!!! nice work

joe b

depth tester
So hows this thing doin???

It's just been sitting..... It need's to go under the knife again. There are things I like about this configuration but more that I don't. I keep it flat and it fun and loose. I put it on it's rail and weird things happen. I'm planning on shorting the tail(again), some reshaping of the rails, and redoing the bond line rail making it wider. I got some ideas on taking a section out of the middle too. I'll get it back in the water soon.

joe b

depth tester
Going in circles... Was'nt thrilled with the last shape so.... Off came the glass and bond rail. Reshaped front to back, replaced the rear corners I rounded, and added a new bond rail. All back together and I'm trying to get to water.

Attachments

• abcde.JPG
    abcde.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 204
  • abcdef.JPG
    abcdef.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 130
  • abcdefg.JPG
    abcdefg.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 132
  • abcdefgh.JPG
    abcdefgh.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 288

joe b

depth tester
Well... I've got my ski handling close to what I'm looking for but I still have some mods to try. I had a cooling line come off last week so while I was in there I moved the pole mount forward. I've been riding with a -6 pole so I moved the mount 6in forward and I'll use a stock lenght pole.

Attachments

• 0022.JPG
    0022.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 184
Well... I've got my ski handling close to what I'm looking for but I still have some mods to try. I had a cooling line come off last week so while I was in there I moved the pole mount forward. I've been riding with a -6 pole so I moved the mount 6in forward and I'll use a stock lenght pole.

Nice. I've thought about doing something similar too.

joe b

depth tester
Nice. I've thought about doing something similar too.

I'll let you know if this makes any changes. I'd like to be able to get more of my weight on the nose so I can make it ride lighter in the nose. I'm also installing a cart tank mounted as close to the motor as I can put it.

Man you definitely have no issues being motivated to do the hard stuff! What do you use to do the majority of your cutting? Just curious.

joe b

depth tester
Rode the boat twice last weekend with the moved pole mount and kart tank. Moving the pole mount made a big difference on handling. I've made my boat ride light in the nose and have problems getting enough weight forward on launchs and landings. Not no more... Now I'm over-rotating and noseing in on my landings and need to adjust my riding. Kart tank not such a good idea... Ran out of gas on my 2nd ride and walked the boat @ 1/4 mile against the tide.

Rode today with the stock tank. Kart tank had me too light in the nose and now I like how it's handling.

Small chop, side shore wind @20 and pouring... Had the beach to myself, it was a good day:naughty:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jH84M4tS64"]YouTube - june 5 love a rain day[/ame]

brett

-------------
that vid was sweet..great surf ridin...looked like the nose stayed nice and high where a normal woulda been pearlin

Top Bottom