Super Jet Superjet weight?

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
My bare hull with only the midshaft in it weighed 103lbs. Is that out of the norm it doesnt even have foam in it yet. I am thinking next year its time for a light weight hull.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Just waiting for my hull to get here :( I am so psyched, all I do is stare at my parts pile everyday and wish it was March already! Did you get yours yet?

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
My bare hull with only the midshaft in it weighed 103lbs. Is that out of the norm it doesnt even have foam in it yet. I am thinking next year its time for a light weight hull.

That weight is right on par. My reinforced (17oz biax), full length RN SJ hull weighed in at 129# with turf/padding/exhaust tube/blowsion exhaust cover. I had polystyrene foam with a bit of 2lb foam in gunwhales. If I ever tear apart a tray again I'd use polystyrene again or ping pong balls or big sheets of bubble wrap rolled up and jammed in the tray.

Last edited:

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
I have been talking to a guy named Bill in pennsylvania who made my new 7 pound hood(24/7 look a like) and he can make me a -3 off the back and -6 off the front and added rocker superjet style hull. It can weigh as light as 75 pounds for $2200.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I have been talking to a guy named Bill in pennsylvania who made my new 7 pound hood(24/7 look a like) and he can make me a -3 off the back and -6 off the front and added rocker superjet style hull. It can weigh as light as 75 pounds for $2200.

Run the other way fast fast and far.

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
He seemed like a real nice guy on the phone and he always kept me updated on my hood. Although I have not received it or my tracking number but it was supposed to be here either yesterday or this coming monday. Like I said he seemed like a real outstanding guy and gave me lots of info on the polaris motor build I am in the process of right now.

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Ohh I got the hood It wasnt to bad. I have already fixed the couple of little nicks in it he still hasnt sent me the breather tubes for it. I will post pics up in a few minutes.

Top Bottom