Super Jet Superjet won't start

Ran awesome last week. Went to start it today and it winded for the first couple times. Pressed the start button again and got a buzzing from the e-box. Starter relay? bedix?

Any ideas???

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Battery connections clean and tight? Check the voltage at the starter with a volt meter when pressing the start button too.. I broke plates in a battery awhile back and had similar issues.. Voltage was 12.5v not pressing the button and dropped to 3v when I hit the button and the starter solenoid buzzed.. Or it could be a bad solenoid possibly..

I was originally thinking it could be my connections because they looked a little nasty but would that cause the winding/spinning? And wouldn't the buzzing be coming from the battery?

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
So you can hear something spinning? I'd say the bendix is probably not extending and just spinning.. If that is what it is you need to pull the flywheel to get the bendix out-sometimes they just freeze up. You can disassemble them, clean, lube it up, and sometimes that will cure the problem..

The battery would not make any sounds.. The starter solenoid will click and buzz with low battery or poor connections..

So you can hear something spinning? I'd say the bendix is probably not extending and just spinning.. If that is what it is you need to pull the flywheel to get the bendix out-sometimes they just freeze up. You can disassemble them, clean, lube it up, and sometimes that will cure the problem..

The battery would not make any sounds.. The starter solenoid will click and buzz with low battery or poor connections..

Alright thanks, I'll clean up my battery connections and free up the bendix and go from there.

Top Bottom