Superramjet's new ski

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
unclehulka13 said:
I AM doing it.

Anywho, that ski looks awesome. Im glad that the people who support WDK really do get what they pay for, even though it takes awhile.

Neat! Cool project. Are you doing a honeycomb pre-preg?

unclehulka13 said:
How is that motor going to dominate freestyle? You cant bolt it into anything but an x-jet unless you custom fab a bedplate.
And we all know about trying to get an xjet.

Dont Worry, Jeff has this issue covered too.............In a short while we will all be able to run an 800PV 66E.

Boost

F

Freestyleriverrat

unclehulka13 said:
How is that motor going to dominate freestyle? You cant bolt it into anything but an x-jet unless you custom fab a bedplate.
And we all know about trying to get an xjet.

Good point on not being able to compete on the x-jet, but you can compete in the pro class which is where most of the crazy motor mods appear so that is not much of an issue. The 66e is just a bigger better platform than the 62T based motor for flatwater guys. It can create more power reliably than any other motor.

my pre-preg is a glass version, carbon cost quite a bit more and you have to be a previous customer with US composites to get ahold enough to build a ski.
the resin is pre-impregnated in the cloth. It is precisely the right amount of resin and uniform in thickness. The cloth is laid in a high temp mold and sandwiched between the layers of pre-preg is a layer of honeycomb core material (for thickness and additional strength), its then vacume-bagged and baked in a large oven to activate the resin. It should be more durable than a hand laid glass hull and more flexible less brittle than carbon. Time will tell about its durablilty, mine is only the 3rd prepreg hull made. This ski can be duplicated for around $15k-$17k by assembling it yourself and shopping around. Its a real simple motor, stock crank, stock cases, oem cylindersthat have been sleeved and larger pistons and riva head, speedwerx gas operated power valves, msd total loss.

Everybody always worries if it's legal for freestyle but very few actually compete. Mine has a superjet bottom hull so I would think it is similar to all the other aftermarket hulls as far as the rules are concerned. I don't follow or know the rules for freestyle because I don't compete.

Its legal for freeride

I saw conversion mounts for putting the 66e motor in sj and blaster hulls while I was in Oregon. I also saw some custom made billet 1200cc pv cylinders that bolt on to the 66e cases.

Thanks for all the positive comments. After I resize the pictures I took in Oregon, I'll post them. (I have about 80 of them)

superramjet said:
my pre-preg is a glass version, carbon cost quite a bit more and you have to be a previous customer with US composites to get ahold enough to build a ski.
the resin is pre-impregnated in the cloth. It is precisely the right amount of resin and uniform in thickness. The cloth is laid in a high temp mold and sandwiched between the layers of pre-preg is a layer of honeycomb core material (for thickness and additional strength), its then vacume-bagged and baked in a large oven to activate the resin. It should be more durable than a hand laid glass hull and more flexible less brittle than carbon. Time will tell about its durablilty, mine is only the 3rd prepreg hull made. This ski can be duplicated for around $15k-$17k by assembling it yourself and shopping around. Its a real simple motor, stock crank, stock cases, oem cylindersthat have been sleeved and larger pistons and riva head, speedwerx gas operated power valves, msd total loss.

Everybody always worries if it's legal for freestyle but very few actually compete. Mine has a superjet bottom hull so I would think it is similar to all the other aftermarket hulls as far as the rules are concerned. I don't follow or know the rules for freestyle because I don't compete.

Its legal for freeride

I saw conversion mounts for putting the 66e motor in sj and blaster hulls while I was in Oregon. I also saw some custom made billet 1200cc pv cylinders that bolt on to the 66e cases.

Thanks for all the positive comments. After I resize the pictures I took in Oregon, I'll post them. (I have about 80 of them)

amen :hail:

turf pics

Attachments

• rev pics 026.jpg
    rev pics 026.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 169
  • rev pics 030.jpg
    rev pics 030.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 138
  • rev pics 048.jpg
    rev pics 048.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 150
  • rev pics 046.jpg
    rev pics 046.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 143
  • rev pics 031.jpg
    rev pics 031.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
more pics. This is the last time it'll look this good. Time to start tearing it up. Special thanks to CHAD, he helped (did most of the work) with the hydroturf.

Attachments

• rev pics 032.jpg
    rev pics 032.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 109
  • rev pics 049.jpg
    rev pics 049.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 129
  • rev pics 035.jpg
    rev pics 035.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 116
  • rev pics 047.jpg
    rev pics 047.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 126
  • rev pics 025.jpg
    rev pics 025.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
ahhh come on now , I wouldnt say I did most of the work , it terrifies me to make those crucial cuts on turf on someone elses ski.. But I am glad to help and very proud of how well they look:1244:

you forgot to mention that the sides are all one piece molded into the footholds :woot:
cant wait to try em out tomorrow !

Top Bottom