Supertrapp waterbox?

Hey guys I'm building a 550/750 right now. I have a Supertrapp waterbox that has the open end cap and 7 discs, this was run in my 550 for awhile. I'm going to be using it with the 750 kawi that is going to be a limited mod. How many more discs should I run in the supertrapp? The hull is a 95 550sx rear exhaust model. I just want to be able to let the motor breathe and also have a throaty sound to it.

Thanks
Mike

Hey guys I did some flow testing on my SuperTrapp today. Turns out those discs make absolutely no flow difference. They're purely for adjusting pulse waves. This isn't a problem if your running the Liquidator on a 550/650, but it is an issue for a 750SXi. The SXI intake flows 220 CFM @ 20" H2O. The Liquidator flows a max of 160 CFM @ 20", which means we're restricting the exhaust flow while diminishing the pulse waves. I narrowed down the restriction to the stainless steel pipe, it's too small of a diameter for CFM flow needed for the 750 engines. I'm going to cut mine out and weld in a larger diameter pipe, maximizing the flow. I would recommend to do this also to anyone who wishes to gain some more HP. Also make sure there are no smaller diameters in the following pieces of your exhaust stream.

Been wondering this myself.

Doing a 550/650 hull build with a 750sp. The 650 waterboxes I have look to be the same id/od as my 550 boxes..... hmmmm.

Top Bottom