Surf riding between Pismo and Oceanside?

Is there anywhere to ride the surf between these two places? I'm not talking about the open ocean or bouy's in a harbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've been told between ventura and oxnard you can ride the surf. I was out there today no problems. Surf was a little big for me though

From what I've been told between ventura and oxnard you can ride the surf. I was out there today no problems. Surf was a little big for me though
That's awesome! Where did you launch out of and where exactly did you ride? I live in Ventura, down in Pierpont. I actually found out that people still go out where the old oil piers used to be up the coast a little ways. Need a beach cart.

I'm just getting in to this sport. But if you feel like heading out with a noob d.m. me some time.
Well that's makes two of us. I rode the surf years ago and am not that good. Mainly ride out at the Colorado River. I need to do a couple things to my ski, bilge, etc., and need a wetsuit, but I'd be up for going out once I get it setup.

That's awesome! Where did you launch out of and where exactly did you ride? I live in Ventura, down in Pierpont. I actually found out that people still go out where the old oil piers used to be up the coast a little ways. Need a beach cart.

I launched out of ventura harbor. I'm also looking into a beach cart. Now that they have built handicap ramps at solimar and LA Conchita.

Yea, you want to be just north of the power plant. There is a group of 4 or 5 guys that have been going out there and told me that harbor patrol was letting them beach and ride the surf. Haven't had the chance to ride with any of them yet. Only picked up a ski about 3 weeks ago.

Yea, you want to be just north of the power plant. There is a group of 4 or 5 guys that have been going out there and told me that harbor patrol was letting them beach and ride the surf. Haven't had the chance to ride with any of them yet. Only picked up a ski about 3 weeks ago.
Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear. What did you end up buying?

Cool. Yeah, I was a little worried about going out by myself and breaking down. Now that I know there is a local crew I'm going to get this thing setup ASAP. I've got a 95 SXI. Seriously thing of a Superjet as another ski.

I know what you mean. I have been going out every weekend since I picked it up solo. Last weekend I thought I was swimming back when my ski start button wouldn't work, after swimming for a few minutes I noticed that stupid gray switch underneath the start button. Learn something new every time I go out

Top Bottom