Surf Slam HD videos

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Nice! Ha ha I didn't see the "load more" button at the bottom. Thanks for documenting everything, you're a bada$$! :headbang:
Thanks for the acknowledgement. Sometimes I wonder why I keep doing it. That helps keep me going.

While you are watching them...
I still want some pointers to the good stuff so I can do a greatest hits video. Please note what video and the amount of time into the video. Share the joy with others!

If any of the riders want some of the original video files let me know. It feels good to see my stuff used in videos like this great one of Christian Young. A fine mix of GoPro of the rider with my video from the beach:

Last edited by a moderator:

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
You the man Rasper! Can't thank you enough for getting the quality video up for the world to see. Has to be a ton of work. Thanks much bro!!
Thanks for the shout out. Sometimes I get frustrated and tired of doing it. Someone saying they like it It helps a lot. Please share it on Facebook or whatever so we can help share our love of the sport with others.

I would like the folks out there to save me some work and point out great moves in the videos for a greatest hits video. If you are going to watch them anyway help a brotha out! You will be rewarded with an exciting and cool clips to share with your friends. Please provide video title and time into the video. I have the one Marc pointed out so far.

It was good to see the last stuff had successfully uploaded this morning. It is a lot of work but could be a lot more. If I edited the videos to take out dead spots where I lose sight of the rider it would take a huge amount of my time and weeks to get online. I hope it isn't too much trouble for people to watch 30 seconds of surf while I play "find the rider". I tried to carefully shoot the video to minimize the need for editing. My viewfinder hood and custom extension helped a great deal. I also had reading glasses with the left lens taped over.
DSCN1178.jpg

I keep forgetting to give a big shout out to my wonderful wife who stayed back where she could hear the announcers and wrote down the info in the video titles. Friday and Saturday she couldn't see the action. Sunday the surf was quieter and she moved up. She is watching what she missed on Youtube.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
If you want just the big moves by the pro I spent 4 hours editing the Pro quarter finals through the finals down to 7 minutes of hot action. All that happened in just 8 heats:

To give people an idea of how much work that is and many clips here is a picture of the editing software. All those little lines on the bottom are parts that were cut out.
Big moves pro quarter to final editing pic.jpg

I plan to replace the audio with official Youtube supplied music so it does be-otch at me but that feature on Youtube is down now,

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I can be-otch at you if you like! :newangel:

and :shocked: @ .38-44 !!!!!!!!

5:09 was nice as well!

That should be DOESN'T be-otch at me. If you have unapproved music on your videos you get nasty-grams from the record labels. They even picked the background music played at the Grayland Open over the surf noise. A tribute to the nice setup with the speakers on the trailer so they could be closer to the beach. Here is the "offending" video:

Here is the email I got about that video:
Dear graylandopen2011,

Your video, Big Air - Adam Bingaman, may have content that is owned or licensed by EMI Publishing.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I made the best quality video file that I uploaded to Youtube available for download. It looks a lot better than after Youtube has processed it. It should play on a computer Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. If you can hook your PC to a big TV it is awesome. You can download it here (almost 900 meg):
http://barry-blanchard.com/downloads/surfslam2011/bigmovesproSS2011.zip

There is another version without the names in the corner. This is for riders would like to use some of the video in there own videos like Christian Young did with my Grayland Open video. As I have said before I want to help promote the sport. I'm not out to make money on this. You can download the version without names here:
http://barry-blanchard.com/downloads/surfslam2011/bigmovesprononamesSS2011.zip

Christian Young's great video:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Nice work, Barry.....and beautiful taping as usual.... I am partial to the edited version, but I'm sure the riders love having the whole thing recorded!

Youtube has cut the music out of my videos many times....I have officially switched over to Vimeo even though it costs me fifty bucks a year. I haven't made any vids in a while and it has actually been kinda nice. (I'm getting some sleep). I am updating my computer so that I can finally edit all the HD stuff I have. (bye bye sleep)

Last edited:

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Nice work, Barry.....and beautiful taping as usual.... I am partial to the edited version, but I'm sure the riders love having the whole thing recorded!

Youtube has cut the music out of my videos many times....I have officially switched over to Vimeo even though it costs me fifty bucks a year. I haven't made any vids in a while and it has actually been kinda nice. (I'm getting some sleep). I am updating my computer so that I can finally edit all the HD stuff I have. (bye bye sleep)
I think everyone likes it the edited version better. It's all action for those who have had a few too many energy drinks. :smile:

I'm uploading the 7 of the full videos at original, best quality for one of the riders as I type this post so they can use the video. Better too much than not enough.

I just tried doing an "audio swap" on Youtube to use one of their approved sound tracks. The song ends before the vid. LAME! Can't they figure out to loop it? I might just have to keep it as is. It's kinda cool seeing someone do a trick and the end of heat horn sounding right afterwards.

My core i3 w/ 6GB of RAM cuts through HD like a hot knife through butter when editing. Rendering takes a while but I don't have to sit and watch it happen. As long as you are recording video in HD now that is all that matters. You can edit it someday.

If you want any of this in original quality let me know. I was very happy how well I was able to shoot it. My viewfinder hood worked to let me see what the heck I was shooting. I wish I would have added the sticker earlier. It helped make it even better.

DSCN1178.jpg

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
My core i3 w/ 6GB of RAM cuts through HD like a hot knife through butter when editing. Rendering takes a while but I don't have to sit and watch it happen. ]

I have 4 GB of Ram right now, but XP only reads 3.2 (it is almost impossible to edit HD, sliders jump around too much)....but am getting my computer switched from Windows XP to XP64 so I can run a full 8GB of Ram. I hope it cuts through it alot smoother. I am used to editing as fast as I can think! I am not worried about rendering time...just turn it on and go to bed!

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I tried to watch it, but couldn't get to play. Glad to hear others appreciate it though.
Are you talking about the videos in post #30. As it says If you don't have Windows 7 home premium 64 bit it might not work. I tested it in Windows 7 home premium that didn't have any extra software installed. I know it works on that. Everything else is a roll of the dice and depends on what software you have installed. What are you running on your computer?

SuziQ

Banned
Are you talking about the videos in post #30. As it says If you don't have Windows 7 home premium 64 bit it might not work. I tested it in Windows 7 home premium that didn't have any extra software installed. I know it works on that. Everything else is a roll of the dice and depends on what software you have installed. What are you running on your computer?

this one: (almost 900 meg):
http://barry-blanchard.com/downloads...sproSS2011.zip

xp pro, and half the stuff no longer works since....can't even access mega photos I once could, but I intend to pm you for assistance to get it to play later.

Top Bottom