surf stance

Me and pancaker were talking to day and wanna ride surf stance more. Not sure if we should do 1 or 2 footstraps. Lets see some pics of your setups and hear your ideas and thoughts.

Its all about surf stance!

I installed the fire extinguisher tube from SN into my RN. After riding my SN for over a decade I would be lost without being able to shove my left foot under that large 3" lip. I made aluminum brackets and rivited in place so when I'm lifting up with my toe, it doesn't twist or move.

Works great!

Attachments

• IMG_7933 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7933 (Medium).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 105
I'm puttin' a strap in the front left corner of my tray. Like maybe 3 1/2" back from the firewall so it is just over the beginning of my big toe. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm gonna use it to yank back on.:smile:

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
Strap in the front for sure. I think Pete's got the wcf footholds - those look awesome for putting your back foot in.

Attachments

• Strap 001 (Custom).jpg
    Strap 001 (Custom).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

T Curtis

RRP/ RICKTER DEALER
Its a little different to get used to but it works. I run two, front and back. stand in the tray where you feel comfortable and try it. If you don't like it adjust them a little. Set them up like you would stand on a surboard or skateboard. Good luck!

Attachments

• riding shots 014.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 128

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
It's all about the front foot hold that Highroller makes. Allows you to move your foot arround but still keeps you in when inverted. Really the best set up, IMO.

Attachments

• DCP_0004_0001.JPG
    DCP_0004_0001.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DCP_0001_0001.JPG
    DCP_0001_0001.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9988.jpg
    IMG_9988.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 99
Why not make it more like a surfboard or skateboard and say F*ck the straps! :biggthumpup:
Because a surf/skate board isn't 300lbs :wink:

It's all about the front foot hold that Highroller makes.
Yeah, I almost bought one of those but I didn't like the fact it left an opening (void) on the far left/right ends. Besides, you can't store your reggy, rope, oil or food to feed the sharks :sneaky:

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
I personally like how barrel rolls look with both feet in the holds more than the surf stance style. I cant do a barrel roll though so i'm not one to say anything about it really, just looks more stylish to me with the feet in the back.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I personally like how barrel rolls look with both feet in the holds more than the surf stance style. I cant do a barrel roll though so i'm not one to say anything about it really, just looks more stylish to me with the feet in the back.

I dissagree. Surf stance rolls look way better, and have more style (mabey not mine) but they look great when you get way off to the side.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two

:tomato:

normal_IMG_9994.jpg

jerry-br-fss-web.jpg

It's no contest.....picture one is severely lacking in style.

djyox

Old school -not by choice
I agree, surf style all the way... But jetskier79, to be fair, thats a bad angle of the guy in the holds...

I plan to put a hold up front, or a strap. Most likely a strap, and go about it the same way slut did his.

However, I am also going to go at less of an angle than beachjunkey, and more of like how slut had his... Even on my snowboard, my front foot is pointed more downhill... But I do have to admit that I really like sluts idea of a few different nuts to move the strap around to suit your needs...

And I'm not trying to kiss slut's ass, just he had some good thinking going on when he did his..

P

PancakePete

I personally feel that, for barrels you can do either stance... I would prefer footholds for Barrel rolls...

As for surf riding, reentrys, and HUGE Backflips.. I want to rip some straps and see how much bigger I can go... From riding flat when its flat surf, to riding big surf.. I need more options in the tray...

I think that the straps is the best was to go for reentrys and backflips.
I have been getting better with the reentrys and and everytime I do them I have one foot foward and the other stuff in a foothold, but I think being strapped in will up my game... Alex and I are going to tackle some straps on our skis... Thank you all for pics of your trays and mounting.... :Banane01:

Y

yamaslut

I agree, surf style all the way... But jetskier79, to be fair, thats a bad angle of the guy in the holds...

I plan to put a hold up front, or a strap. Most likely a strap, and go about it the same way slut did his.

However, I am also going to go at less of an angle than beachjunkey, and more of like how slut had his... Even on my snowboard, my front foot is pointed more downhill... But I do have to admit that I really like sluts idea of a few different nuts to move the strap around to suit your needs...

And I'm not trying to kiss slut's ass, just he had some good thinking going on when he did his..

thanks bro...

I run a front foothold now though... I switched stance about a year ago. I ride goofy foot now and am always in the front foothold unless I am flipping or rolling... I do love the look of the surf style on any invert, but I like the foothold look too... It's all fun, just need to mix it up a bit. I have tried a couple surf stance rolls... it was ugly at best, but I'll keep working on them. To me it's all about variations... taking tricks and making them your own... that's the fun part.... Everyone says they want to do rolls like Joe, but that's kinda a waste of time... Come up w/ your own twist, I say...

ps. joe has the sweetest rolls, so it's hard to not wanna be like him, but he came up w/ that on his own, so we should be able to expand on it... that's easy to say, not do, because he is the shizzzzzzznit
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I run right back, left forward ALWAYS...my ski doesnt even really need a left hold...

just watch your knee.....some of the roll attempts ive made have cracked the pole down on my knee prettty hard, but with the new -4 pole I just put on it should make a difference....

i hate riding without the front strap, but I do want to try a highroller hold one of these days....

Attachments

• strap4.jpg
    strap4.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Top Bottom