surf stance

do i have to tell you all i would be rather riding now than typing...

anyway,
how do you guys mount the strap to the tray?
or should i just search?
strap kits, do they come with hardware?
it just seem like a lot of load on screws.

Y

yamaslut

what I do:
DCP_0592.jpg

DCP_0590.jpg

DCP_0589.jpg

DCP_0593.jpg

DCP_0641.jpg

http://www.jetskier79.com/gallery/d/435-2/DCP_0593.jpg

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
QUOTE=LBE;193055]I dissagree. Surf stance rolls look way better, and have more style (mabey not mine) but they look great when you get way off to the side.[/QUOTE]

I agree, surf stance rocks for style. I cannot ride surfstance to save my life. I have tried and failed multiple times. My feet must be in holds unless I am course riding. See JK surf stance roll below AWESOME looking.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
For those who roll surf stance, what foot do you have forward and which way do you roll?

I ride left forward and I roll right, that seems like a good body position. is there a name for that? front side roll maybe?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I run right back, left forward ALWAYS...my ski doesnt even really need a left hold...

just watch your knee.....some of the roll attempts ive made have cracked the pole down on my knee prettty hard, but with the new -4 pole I just put on it should make a difference....

i hate riding without the front strap, but I do want to try a highroller hold one of these days....

I attempt rolls with both feet in holds and was still ripping my wetsuit and bruising my thigh w/ pole. I too was just running -1" pole and for that reason went to a -4.5" setup recently. I have not tried rolls with it yet, but I think it will help because stabs are way easier now. I feel way too far forward on boat now. I keep landing flat on straight jumps now though, cant seem to pull it back enough in air. I landed some that sounded like the boat snapped in half in Daytona, didnt feel good either.

Y

yamaslut

Yo slut,

you are one crafty SOB, thats a great idea.
i would like to ride my ski, Im turfing my SJ now and this is the time.
I might use 3M 8115 instead, just cuz i have some

werd up bro!!!! glad ya like it :cat37:

edwin...... shutup :smile:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
that's "regular stance" as far as i know. i ride the same way.

if your toes point starboard and you have your left leg forward and roll to the right, you are an awesome person and a great rider.

if your toes point port and you have your right leg forward and you roll to the left, you are "goofy footed" and it means you are a freak of nature and have no business riding a jet ski or barrel rolling and should be ashamed of yourself.

everyone knows goofy foot people should be shot.
what if you were goofy footed and rolled right?

butti

lone wolf
i ride right foot forward and roll to the right.i havnt tried surf stance rolls yet cause i think it will be very hard for me to roll backside but i think it would be worth it to learn,should look killer!

i guess it would be like doing a sideways backflip!

Last edited:

joe b

depth tester
For those who roll surf stance, what foot do you have forward and which way do you roll?

I ride left forward and I roll right, that seems like a good body position. is there a name for that? front side roll maybe?

I'd call that a backside roll:biggthumpup: If you were on a skateboard ramp w/ left foot forward turning right it be backside.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
It is definitely a "backside" roll. I can't roll to the right to save my life in the holds, so the added challenge of trying to roll backside seems like an impossible feat at this point.

P

PancakePete

It is definitely a "backside" roll. I can't roll to the right to save my life in the holds, so the added challenge of trying to roll backside seems like an impossible feat at this point.

I see that looking awesome... and Hope to Pancake Trying ! :biggthumpup:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I'm regular footed and roll to the left which makes it a backside roll. Definitely not a natural feeling. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to learn to roll to the right just cuz I think frontside rolls look way better, so lately I've just been trying to make my backside rolls look more like a tantrum on a wakeboard, but I knocked my hood off a few times in the process.

P

PancakePete

I'm regular footed and roll to the left which makes it a backside roll. Definitely not a natural feeling. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to learn to roll to the right just cuz I think frontside rolls look way better, so lately I've just been trying to make my backside rolls look more like a tantrum on a wakeboard, but I knocked my hood off a few times in the process.

I am stoked to try the stance, and learn some more stuff ! :Banane01:
I will let you know what I break.... :haha:

Top Bottom