Surf stance?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Those of you that ride surf stance...

Do you roll forward or back?
I want to put some straps in the Trinity along with footholds. :cool2: ....I just have to know which way to face them... I roll and stab left.... should I have the right or left foot forward.

Left is more comfortable...

Before I put my straps in, I road around awhile testing different positions. It turned out to be close to what I do on a skate board. Pancake Pete's front foot hold looks good too or tom21's, then you could switch feet.

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
get a pancake pete front foot hold, don't install a strap. play with which foot you like up front better then install the strap in the back when you know which way feels more comfortable.

I wish i had room in the back to install 2 straps so i could use either foot forward, maybe next time around.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I was thinking about the caker hold....

I surf and ride a skateboard with left forward, so that must be it....not sure how I'll roll or stab in that position...guess I'll have to play with it.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
im goofy stance, right foot forward. roll to the left.
your rollin dj?

I was 1 1/2 years ago....but I needed 4 footers to get it around. (rare up here)
Last year, I couldn't get it back.

Hmmmm....I roll to the left and have my left foot forward....being ambidexterous may not be such a good thing in this case. :cool2:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
which way will your toe point? if forward I don't think it matters. if your toe points toward the side of the ski it will be easier to keep rolling left if you have your right foot forward.

stanton

High on jetskis.
I was 1 1/2 years ago....but I needed 4 footers to get it around. (rare up here)
Last year, I couldn't get it back.

Hmmmm....I roll to the left and have my left foot forward....being ambidexterous may not be such a good thing in this case. :cool2:
oh yea? right on! summer surf here and ive been getting em around on 2-3's. gotta hit it late steep and fast...

joe b

depth tester
I think that new hull will ride different and you will have a hard time guessing where your straps should be. It's not hard to put strap mounts in after turfing without making a mess.

Rolling/stabing to the left with left foot forward is frontside... Most,but not all,riders backside comes more natural. I think frontside has a more styley motion:shhh: you don't need no footholds:shooter3:

stanton

High on jetskis.
I think that new hull will ride different and you will have a hard time guessing where your straps should be. It's not hard to put strap mounts in after turfing without making a mess.

Rolling/stabing to the left with left foot forward is frontside... Most,but not all,riders backside comes more natural. I think frontside has a more styley motion:shhh: you don't need no footholds:shooter3:
i disagree on your definition. for goofy, back side or blind side would be rff with cw rotation, front side is rff with ccw rotation.
my avatar is a goofy stance FS roll

You take off on your toe edge. On a skateboard or snowboard it would be backside. :starwars:

the front side of your body to the wave is "frontside" w/ your toes facing the wave and back facing the beach. that would be left for a goofy and right for regular

the back of your body facing the wave is "backside" w/ your heals facing the wave and body facing the beach. that would be right for goofy and left for regular.

this would be frontside, goofy foot going left
800px-Oahu_North_Shore_surfing_hand_drag.jpg

Send To PhoneSend To Phone
Send To Phone

joe b

depth tester
the front side of your body to the wave is "frontside" w/ your toes facing the wave and back facing the beach. that would be left for a goofy and right for regular

the back of your body facing the wave is "backside" w/ your heals facing the wave and body facing the beach. that would be right for goofy and left for regular.

this would be frontside, goofy foot going left
800px-Oahu_North_Shore_surfing_hand_drag.jpg

Yep... and if that surfer rolled off that lip he'd launch off his heel edge

stanton

High on jetskis.
were not talking about the position of the wave were talking about how the rotation of the roll is compared to the stance. backflip roll=back side frontflip roll=frontside direction of rotation depends of if your goofy or regular stance.

were not talking about the position of the wave were talking about how the rotation of the roll is compared to the stance. backflip roll=back side frontflip roll=frontside direction of rotation depends of if your goofy or regular stance.

I never thought of it that way. If you go off the wave straight then it's not frontside or backside no matter which way you roll. I always thought it was either going left or right. You go left in goofy stance, like me....

:scratchchin:

Top Bottom