surfjunkie nose fix

Scott (surfjunkie) busted his nose up

1. first I taped the backside and edges so I don't get resin all over the place
  2. added some rigidity by forming that piece of metal to shape
  3. added a bunch of matting using epoxy resin
  4. finished it off w/ 5 or so layers of 7oz cloth.

after it dries

1. I will make a straight line
  2. cut off excess glass
  3. sand sharp edges
  4. reinstall trim pieces

Attachments

• sj-1.jpg
    sj-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 136
  • sj-2.jpg
    sj-2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 157
  • sj-3.jpg
    sj-3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 131
  • sj-4.jpg
    sj-4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 130
  • sj-5.jpg
    sj-5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 130
  • sj-6.jpg
    sj-6.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 124
  • sj-7.jpg
    sj-7.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 135
  • sj-8.jpg
    sj-8.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 125
  • sj-9.jpg
    sj-9.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 133
  • sj-10.jpg
    sj-10.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 146
ghey......tell scott ill donate a rocker kit to that ski :) FREE You can just use the bottom half of the nose piece and keep that stock mess on top if you really want it stock looking. also it will drop 6 lbs even after all reinforced.

IMG_3464.jpg

Last edited:

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Surprised Scott was riding this time of year to have broken the nose. Think I spoke with him a few Daytona s ago and he wouldn't even think of getting in the water at that temp. Does his current 650 at least have a pipe?

Nope, although he is looking for one. Weather is warm this year so he has been riding. He does alot with very little.

Surprised Scott was riding this time of year to have broken the nose. Think I spoke with him a few Daytona s ago and he wouldn't even think of getting in the water at that temp. Does his current 650 at least have a pipe?

we have had a pretty warm winter so the water has for the most part stayed above 65. below that and it has to be really good surf for me to get in.

the ski does have a protec pipe and is a pretty fun little engine when it decides to run right.

the end result:

1. pulled off metal sheet
  2. used metal sheet to draw straight line
  3. cut excess glass
  4. sanded glass to nice finish
  5. primed glass so it won't suck up water
  6. then I will install the trim back in place

sj-1-2.jpgsj-9-2.jpgsj-8-2.jpgsj-7-2.jpgsj-6-2.jpgsj-5-2.jpgsj-4-2.jpgsj-3-2.jpgsj-2-2.jpgsj-10-2.jpg

whooiedog

AKA El Hefe
Nice nosejob nick. Hopefully this warm weather will hold out. I don't much care for the cold as well; I think my wetsuit comes out before anybody else's every year...

Top Bottom