Surfriding surfriders......how many of us are there..

So how many surfriders are out there today? It seems odd to me that the east coast has so many surfriders from up north of PA in all the cold miserable states,vs FL and the warmer southern states.
Hows do #s of riders compare in the states vs overseas. Its tough in most of the states to be involved in this hobby,wondering how this compares overseas,with all the headache laws and beach restrictions.

Its all about the surf!
More like how few of us there are- Despite the great surf we get here, I'm amazed at how few surf riders there are that live in the Southern part of the So Cal area from say HB to the border. There's probably only like 20 out of the 30 million people who live here and of those 20 only like 6 are avid (avid meaning they ride at least once a week)

I live in California 20min from the coast and I still have to drive 3.5 to 4 hours to ride surf. Damn straight it is a difficult hobby even if you live near the ocean.

More like how few of us there are- Despite the great surf we get here, I'm amazed at how few surf riders there are that live in the Southern part of the So Cal area from say HB to the border. There's probably only like 20 out of the 30 million people who live here and of those 20 only like 6 are avid (avid meaning they ride at least once a week)

Add another "avid rider" when I move back!

But I agree, it is suppressing. Not that those darn fire extinguisher tickets are helping. Sucks what happened to the guys today.

Its all about the surf!
4 guys got pinned this morning with $250+ tickets for not having fire extinguishers.

Just talked to Zack. Apparently theres a Coast Guard volunteer with little man syndrome just itching to make a call to the popo. I guess he's only there on Sundays. So be warned, if you plan on riding Oside on a Sunday be sure and have EVERYTHING (registration, fire ext, whistle) in order

We get tickets here (SE Fl) for reckless riding, meaning too much air which is usually within 2ft of height the most :).. at least the tickets are cheap comparo to CA fines

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I live 30 min from the ocean, but like a 300lb hooker....it's big and sloppy.

I'm not a fan of riding when you are playing defense the whole time, just not fun most of the time out there. When we get clean 3-4' waves, it's a blast.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Just talked to Zack. Apparently theres a Coast Guard volunteer with little man syndrome just itching to make a call to the popo. I guess he's only there on Sundays. So be warned, if you plan on riding Oside on a Sunday be sure and have EVERYTHING (registration, fire ext, whistle) in order

its like shooting fish in a barrel, jetskis in the harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Y5XjlO4vk

Top Bottom