Surfriding surfriding locations in daytona?

i cant find what is the current jet ski zone. im looking into going to new smyrna or daytona on friday. im not sure which one to pick. What are the pros and cons on each location. im trying to bring a few friends out and ride me sea doo and stand up. which one is more relaxed on regulations, i have all proper paperwork but will i need to have an extinguisher for both skis and have them at all times. I am also wondering if my friends are required to have a boaters liscence.. thanks for any info. this will be my first trip to the surf.

I think ill just head to dissappearing island and the dog park. Gives us privacy and we won't have to worry about getting in trouble with the beach patrol.

StandupEd

Eddie would Tow
The north zone is open every day, (as long as there are no small craft warnings, which is a bummer sometimes). The web site is fraught with errors; I called the HQ and let them know. The lady said they would try to fix it. The size of the zone is a discrepancy as well. It was 800 ft which is a decent size but especially in the summer they choke it down to about 400 ft. The web site says 800 in one place and 600 in another. When they have it choked down it’s ridiculously small.
If you don’t have all your gear straight, especially in the warm season when the tourists are at the beach, they will shut you down for not having a whistle sometimes. All depends on the guard on duty.

okay, i figured they would be strict, its all the local schools around spring break on friday, everyone fround around here hits daytona in mass. sounds like im going to put in at the ramp in smyrna and drag the superjet behind my sea doo and have everyone meet me at the dog park and ill taxi them to the island from there. its probably cheaper and gonna cause less problems in the long run. probably have a better time, bringing and a tube and some boards, have full access that way. any one want to join if your local?

sounds like im going to put in at the ramp in smyrna and drag the superjet behind my sea doo and have everyone meet me at the dog park and ill taxi them to the island from there.

unless you are staying in new smyrna, there is a boat ramp on the north side of the inlet that is alot closer to dis. island and the inlet. the only ramp in nsb (that i know about) is a long idle ride away.

the ramp i'm talking about is right next to the lighthouse in the town of ponce inlet.

fwiw

unless you are staying in new smyrna, there is a boat ramp on the north side of the inlet that is alot closer to dis. island and the inlet. the only ramp in nsb (that i know about) is a long idle ride away.

the ramp i'm talking about is right next to the lighthouse in the town of ponce inlet.

fwiw

Yeah but I don't mind the stress on myself and the long idle. As long as I can get my friends and gear to the island easy I'm happy. I might find a dingy and tow everything from ponce if I can, we keep a sport fisher in ponce so it would be convient that way. Ill consider ponce. About how long is the idle?

i dont know, 3-4 miles. i cant remember if it's all no idle. its just the ramp by the light house is much closer. but if youre already in new smyrna then the other one makes sense.

an aerial view would let you see the difference

i dont know, 3-4 miles. i cant remember if it's all no idle. its just the ramp by the light house is much closer. but if youre already in new smyrna then the other one makes sense.

an aerial view would let you see the difference

We use the ramp at the lighthouse as well. It's literally like a 2 minute ride to get to the island. The only issue there is parking. If you don't get there early enough, you may not find parking. Doubt you will have any issues this early in the season and on a week day.

Top Bottom